Job ID 191403
The Accountant – Accounts Payable position will be primarily accountable for the following:
- Specifically in the Accounts Payable function.
- Assuring that VAT compliance is adhered to and that the business is not exposed to risk
- Assuring prompt payment of vendor invoices while maintaining a healthy working capital position
- Adhering to a stringent month-end deadline, while performing all obligations accurately and completely
- Enforcing restrictions and ensuring the petty cash function’s ultimate accuracy
- Assuring that weekly and monthly accounts payable reconciliations are completed Vendor account reconciliations to identify and analyze irregularities
- Establishing an all-inclusive document management system
- Ascertaining that the Delegated Authorities are followed prior to payment
- Absolute precision is ensured in recording to the correct ledger/cost center.
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with current and new suppliers
- Collaborating with the Financial Controller to continuously improve the Requisition to Payment cycle’s internal controls
- Assisting key Department procurement personnel, cost accountants, and heads of departments in maintaining cost control
- Ad hoc programs to increase efficiency, accuracy, and reporting at the request of the Financial Controller or Department Heads
Desired Competence & Expertise:
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- Have great experience working as an A/P in a 4/5* hotel for a minimum of two years Be able to think independently and always search for ways to improve practice and policy
- Be adaptable and efficient in order to fulfill deadlines and perform ad hoc activities.
- Acquaint yourself with the fundamental accounting principles governing the recognition of cost/fixed assets/accruals/prepayments.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree (ACCA or CA qualification is an advantage)
The First Collection is an innovative lifestyle brand comprised of The First Group’s award-winning hotels and restaurants.
The First Collection’s portfolio of five operating hotels is famous for its world-class service and state-of-the-art amenities designed to make visitors feel at ease during their stay. The First Collection at JVC is scheduled to open in September 2021 and will be the group’s first branded and managed hotel. Grand Heights Hotel Apartments is owned and managed by The First Collection and features comfortable studios and one-bedroom apartments in the heart of the city. The group also manages TRYP by Wyndham Dubai and Wyndham Dubai Marina, which are Wyndham Group franchises. While Citadines Metro Central Dubai, a franchise of The Ascott Limited, offers hotel flats in a good location.
The First Collection’s restaurants provide remarkable and distinctive dining experiences with a strong emphasis on quality and affordability. The rapidly expanding portfolio of restaurants, cafes, and bars comprises a dynamic mix of in-house brands and internationally recognized franchises, including MasterChef, the TV Experience, the world’s first restaurant based on the global television phenomenon. With a focus on social dining, this dynamic restaurant portfolio is assisting in establishing the collection of upscale and upper midscale hotels as one of Dubai’s hottest culinary and lifestyle hotspots.
The First Collection’s ambitious growth ambitions for the coming years include the opening of additional upper-scale hotels and a variety of dining concepts throughout Dubai.