ACCOUNTANT – RECONCILIATIONSFull time @Myles Group posted 7 months ago
Organization : EKFC GROUP COMPANY
Applications are invited for the position of Accountant – Reconciliations
- Position within: Finance
- Reports to: Senior Finance Manager, ACCT
- Category: Corporate Support
- Department : Finance
- The job holder manages the overall coordination and evaluation of Accounts Payable activities. He /she is required to review, validate and authorize supplier documents as per Authority Matrix, prepare various reports including payment forecasts, and ensure timely and accurate payment for all suppliers.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of employees engaged in calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain and record financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records.
- Perform professional accounting activities; oversee and perform complex reconciliations and analyses;
- Ascertain the accuracy of accounts payable standard files and post information for assigned accounting activities into the supplier ledger and general ledger
- Oversee, review and prepare reports including accounts payable aging analyses;
- Oversee the process of monthly reconciliation of supplier accounts and ensure timely and accurate payment of suppliers
- Provide annual budget information; monitor payments and identify areas for improvement and implements corrective actions.
- Approve ledger entries by auditing transactions.
- Oversee expenditure for compliance with budgets and give recommendations on discrepancies
- Oversee the preparation of reports for mandatory Insurance declarations and any Adhoc requirements
- Contribute in maintaining financial security by adhering to internal controls.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Comply with all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls
- Identify opportunities for improvements and automation and implement initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the team. Be the Super user for the function.
Essential Requirements & Competencies
- Graduate in accounting or commerce or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years in the area of Finance
- Being conversant with internal control procedures and concepts
- Ability to delegate duties, tasks and reports
- Experience in the use of data entry programs
- Time management and workload efficiency skills
- Persistence in finishing projects in spite of hindrances
- Readiness to go extra mile to avoid mistakes and produce new opportunities
- Ability to adjust to diverse ideas, impressions, schemes, and tactics from individuals or changing preferences.