Architect Inspector@AECOM posted 2 weeks ago
AECOM is currently looking for experienced Architectural Inspectors to join the growing AECOM team supporting the supervision of Construction projects in UAE. The candidate will need to demonstrate:
The Architectural Inspector will ensure the contractors are compliant with the contract documents, coordinate on a daily basis with the other teams to document and verify the quality and quantity of work performed by the Contractor and process the incoming Inspection Requests and technical submittals and perform the necessary actions as directed by the project leads.
- Monitoring and ensuring that all architectural engineering aspects of the project are carried out as per inspection plan/drawings/codes and specifications.
- Liaising with the Senior Architectural Engineer and other Engineers and Managers to provide support and guidance as required
- Review and monitor variations to the work to mitigate time and cost impacts for any required changes
- Monitor the review of the contractor's documents/shop drawings to flag and rectify any issues which may affect the stability or function of any architectural components or systems. Monitor contractor's compliance with approved Quality Control Plan.
- Monitor the project-related protocol set up for Inspection of works by the inspection teams.
- Monitor safety aspects when dealing with architectural installations
- Provide reports on the progress of the architectural aspects of the project.
- Assist in expediting of NOCs from relevant authorities if they appear to be stalled or in delay
- Maintain full site records, including daily site diaries in an approved format, and formal monthly progress photography.
- Expedition of approvals from the Client if it appears to be stalled or delaying the project
- Liaising with the management of the various contractors to expedite the submissions and approvals process.
- Perform and or evaluate tests confirming quality requirements, architectural finishes and building components by conducting a thorough site inspection for all architectural works as per approved shop drawings, specifications, and method statement.
- Field checks placement, location, and quality of architectural finishes building structure components.
- Monitor contractor's compliance with approved Quality Control Plan.
- Coordinating with the team on-site to ensure that contractual obligations are met.
- Perform Architectural inspections and material inspections.
- Issue NCRs to contractors and assist in taking corrective actions.
- Ensure that all inspection reports are accurate and in compliance with the requirements.
- Ensure that all execution and inspection are carried out as per inspection plan/drawings/codes and specifications.
- Ensure compliance of architectural works to design requirements, specifications, and project plan.
- Preparing daily logs and reports. Maintain records of all submittals and testing inspections made, tests performed, work executed, etc.
- Performing all work in accordance with the Contract Administration Procedures Manual.
- Assisting with the inspection of completed works. Perform all other duties given by the direct manager.
- Monitoring and reporting on HSE related matters and participating in HSE training and meetings
Specific Skills Required
- Good knowledge in basic design requirements, familiar with architectural methodologies and finishes and Building Codes.
- Experience in Buildings of all types in particular high-rise, mixed-use residential and commercial, retail and hospitality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Competent at writing reports – can present views clearly and concisely in good written English.
- Detailed knowledge of construction techniques.
- Good team player with high energy levels.
- Safety conscious with a high level of work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure and with professional judgement and a solutions type of approach
- Experience in Architectural type projects required. Candidates must have experience in Construction Supervision with a Consultancy with a minimum of 7 years of overall experience (minimum 5 years in the UAE)
- For the Inspector position, a Diploma in Engineering is required. For candidates who wish to progress onto Engineer level – a related Degree is required in the Engineering fields.
- Safety training or certification would be a plus
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let's get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Additional Locations AE – Al Ain, UAE – Liwa Centre Building – Site, AE – Dubai, UAE – UBora Tower – Site
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.