Assistant Finance Manager – Wild Wadi Waterpark@Jumeirah posted 3 weeks ago
About Jumeirah & Wild Wadi
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
This Arabian themed waterpark in Dubai offers breath-taking views of Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, Jumeirah Beach Hotel and Madinat Jumeirah. A day at this waterpark means one adrenaline rush after another! Hurtle down the 33m high Jumeirah Sceirah reaching speeds of 80 kmph, try the 1.5m high waves at Breakers Bay or scream your lungs out with your friends as you ride together on Tantrum Alley!
The fun isn’t just for our guests – everyday as a Wild Wadi Waterpark™ colleague promises to be a fun and memorable experience!
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Manager position to join our Finance team in Wild Wadi, The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- To assist the Financial Controller with supervision of day to day management of the Finance department and ensuring compliance to Jumeirah finance policies and procedures.
- Ensure that month end commitments in terms of revenue finalisation, inventory, cost reporting and balance sheet accounts are completed in an accurate and timely manner and that all reporting deadlines for stake-holders are met
- Analysing monthly profit & loss statement and support colleagues with any queries raised at monthly P&L reviews
- Deputize for the Financial Controller and represent at various meetings with the general manager and operational head of department. Assist the Wild Wadi operations team with financial information, ad-hoc analysis, queries, etc. in a timely manner.
- Daily review of income audit, purchase orders, general cashier reconciliation, preparation of bank reconciliation, etc.
- To update the Capex tracker and review of various Capex related request.
- To assist the Financial Controller in the annual budget and monthly forecasting process.
- To manage the quarterly external audit and associated reports as well as any interim internal audits by providing requesting information and co-ordinating the request with the team and auditors.
- To assist the Financial Controller with ad-hoc reporting, analysis and projects.
- To provide finance training as and when required both to the finance department and other departments.
- To assist with the completion of quarterly internal control checklist with the team.
- Prepare weekly and monthly payroll reconciliation for the Financial Controller and submission of various employee payroll related deductions and payments to payroll team
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Experience of working in the hospitality or entertainment industry
- Full or part qualified accountancy qualification
- Knowledge of developing financial controls, budgeting, financial reporting and month end close
- System knowledge – Oracle ERP, Hyperion, HFM, VGS
- Good prioritisation skills and excellent attention to detail, coupled with the ability to meet competing deadlines.
- Expert in the use of Microsoft Office including advanced Excel functionality
- Excellent communicator and possess the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of similar duties
- High level of written and verbal business English.
- Ability to fill in for Financial Controller with timely solutions, problem solving
About the benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes: fully furnished shared accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, flight allowance every 2 years, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.