Assistant Front Office Manager@Marriott International, Inc posted 3 days ago
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Manage all front desk operations and ensure that all front desk associates adhere to policies, procedures, regulations and standards presented by hotel management. Ensuring that front desk operation runs smoothly in a professional manner at all times. Perform all front desk related responsibilities and duties when assigned or required. Perform duty manager related responsibilities and duties when assigned or required. Ensure all front desk agents have a clear expectations set to prioritize their responsibilities. Serve as BSA Champion for the Front Office Department. Ensure appropriate and adequate training of all front desk associates and supervisors including all on-the-job, off-the-job and 15min training
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Be a role model for the team and mentor of Assist Front Desk Managers. Must remain deeply engaged with the team to ensure associates and taken care of and improvement in associate engagement scores
- Actively part in training and development of the entire team specially the Front desk and night
- Actively take on special projects assigned by the Rooms leadership team
- Play close attention to manning levels and assist FOM in recruitment process
- Keep close watch on customer service and check in and check out scores on guest voice. Train, coach the team based on their performance in guest voice
- Drive incremental revenue through room upsells. Take part in upsell forecasting , implementation of strategies and support the team in achieving monthly targets
- Be fully aware of the Marriott Brand standard compliance requirements for all front office sections and regularly audit all area sot ensure brand compliance at all timer
- Be fully aware of Marriott accounting procedures and compliance and ensure all areas are function as per ISRA audit standards
- Develop strategies and drive the team through AFDMs to ensure monthly Marriott rewards goals are achieved Be familiar with Hotel services, operational hours and ongoing promotions.
- Play a key role in scheduling of areas especially front desk so that maximum associates and managers are present to assist guests depending on the demands
- Have a thorough knowledge of JW Marriott Marquis Dubai products and services.
- Maintain good working relationship with all hotel departments.
- Have a good knowledge of local area and surrounding facilities. Provide recommendations and direction to guests whenever needed.
- Check House Count to establish selling strategy for the shift. Monitoring it regularly during shift and responding to any changes.
- Ensure daily all forms of communication are used to full capacity and relevant information is handed over to the next shift throughout the shift and briefings.
- Demonstrate and promote quality awareness amongst front office team. Seek ways to improve and maintain guest satisfaction scores for all front desk associates.
- Ensure smooth check-in and check-out of all guests, and proper handling of all guest accounts.
- Ensure that all concerned departments are informed in regards of room moves, no-shows, early arrivals, special requests, repeat guests or other guest preferences.
- Be fully aware of Credit Policy and supervise compliance. Inform your manager and concerned departments about any possible credit risks.
- Have thorough knowledge of operational requirements for the front desk area.
- Have a thorough knowledge on virtual concierge and ensure that all guest requests and information updated in OPERA and communicated to other departments.
- Have a thorough knowledge of OPERA, MARSHA, IMS, GXP and other front office related operational software.
- Be familiar with all S.O.P.s and L.S.O.P.s relating to the front office operations
- Be aware of remedial steps to be taken to rectify Housekeeping discrepancies.
- Support and practice Empowerment within front office
- Ensure that each associate has a development plan and trained accordingly
- Be able to work various shifts around the business needs to assist all front office sections.
- Identify and resolve guests problems efficiently and resolve to the guest satisfaction
- Ensure that LEARN and 5W’s methods are followed whilst dealing with constructive guest feedback and ensure that all concerned application are filled and concerned departments are informed
- Have a thorough knowledge of all Emergency Procedures
- Supervise guest registration and all relevant registration details required by the UAE law.
- Assuring that all front desk associates are continually updated with hotel rates, packages and discounts
- Regularly conduct PCI audits in order to ensure compliance according to Marriott International standards
- Be security conscious at all times and inform Manager on Duty of anything suspicious.
- Identify guest service shortages and recommend improvements accordingly.
- Ensure all front desk associates have a clear guidelines and direction to perform their daily duties
- Report to work on time with proper uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance and other grooming standards must comply with the standard of the hotel.
- Develop knowledge about frequent guests and their special requests and needs. Ensure the information is updated and maintained in guest profiles accordingly.
- Utilizing all available resources, follow up on previous shift requests and pending issues.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management
- Be flexible according to the business need
- Have an excellent approach to customer service
- Have strong organizational skills; always practice “Clean as you go”
- At all times strive to represent Marriott in the most professional, courteous manner.
- Be able to perform any additional scope of duties if requested by the Management.
- Adaptability – Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
- Communication – Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams – Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
Building Relationships :
- Coworker Relationships – Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability:
- Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management – Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Learning and applying professional accumen:
- Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities. o Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning – Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension – Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.