Assistant Technician – Facility Maintenance/PlumbingFull time @Serco posted 6 months ago
The purpose of the role is to carryout preventative, corrective and breakdown maintenance on plumbing pipework, equipment and systems, individually or as part of a technical team, within a designated area of Dubai Airports, whilst ensuring minimal disruption to the airport operations. You should be able to carry out all technical and safety instructions from staff, to conform to policy and procedures.
Serco has a profound understanding of the region, having been operating in the Middle East since 1947 (for more than seven decades), where it harnesses international expertise, delivered on a local level.
- Ability to conform to all general and technical safety requirements at all times to ensure the health, safety & welfare of self and others at work
- Any other work as assigned by the supervisor / duty engineer to achieve the purpose.
- Knowledge of Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Can read interpret and describe the functionality of pipework schematics and system layout drawings
- Knowledge in the use & interpretation of Local and International Plumbing & Pipework Standards and Regulations.
- Can correctly setup and use the following test equipment and interpret the test results:
- Water pressure test kit – Dry
- Water pressure test kit – Wet
- Digital Multi meter (earth bond continuity)
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Promoting a Zero Harm culture within own team and all suppliers and sub-contractors engaged on Projects work
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information, reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
- High School Certificate or Industrial Training Institute Certificate Diploma in Plumbing or equivalent.
- IOSH Working Safely Certificate or equivalent.
- Current valid UAE driving license is desirable
- Minimum three (3) year experience within a Facility Maintenance/Plumbing or similar environment.
- Airport experience is considered as added advantage for this position
- Ability to communicate with staff, stakeholders, and customers in oral and written English.
- Working Knowledge in using MS Office (Word / Excel / Power point.
Ability to perform preventive, breakdown and corrective maintenance safely and correctly on the following plumbing equipment and pipework systems:
Potable water pipework systems and associated valves.
- Waste and drainage pipework systems.
- Washroom sanitary fixtures and fittings.
- Pressure reducing valve stations (PRVs) Heat exchangers.
- Aircraft potable water systems and associated valves.
- Storage type water heaters.
- High temperature hot water (HTHW) pipework systems and associated valves.
- Chilled water pumps (CWP) pipework systems and associated valves.
- Sewage pumps and associated pipework.
- Storm water pumps and associated pipework.