Associate Director – Energy Efficiency ConsultingFull time @Guidehouse posted 11 months ago
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures with a focus on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare our clients for future growth and success. The company has more than 10,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit: .
Our Energy, Sustainability & Infrastructure team provides political, strategic and management consultancy to institutions and companies across the energy value chain that aim to support the energy transition. Amongst the topics addressed are the design of policies and the implementation of new technological developments that are needed to equip energy systems with distributed sources such as renewables, storage options and electromobility, increase flexibility between power and fuels, interconnectivity between regions of supply and demand, and emerging services and technologies powered by data resulting from the digitalisation of the energy system. Our strength lies in our strategic understanding of complex relations between technology, policy and business, and our ability to translate that into actionable advice for our clients.
We are seeking an Associate Director/Director to join our Energy, Sustainability, and Infrastructure (ES&I) segment to support the growth of our energy providers (e.g. power and utility companies, oil and gas companies, etc.) practice in the UAE and Gulf region.
We are looking for an individual with experience in energy efficiency program delivery to build relationships, sell consulting solutions, and deliver complex client engagements. This role will also involve staff development and thought leadership.
Success in this position will depend on
- The individual’s ability to integrate with and leverage existing client relationships and to build new relationships with senior leadership at powerand water utilities in the region as well as with other key energy industry players, including the oil and gas companies, government, project developers and OEMs;
- The individual’s ability to lead complex client engagementswhile at the same time serving as part of a close-knit team.
- The individual’s ability to work closely with existing regionalleadership as well as the international and global leadership of the energy providers practice within ES&I to evolve and execute the regional business plan.
Our team members manage their own tasks and schedules while carrying out business and technical analyses to deliver high quality client work. Our consultants must demonstrate considerable business acumen and an acute focus on maximizing client value.
- Working with regional and international leadership to grow the energy providers practice in the region, with an emphasis on energy efficiency solutions, through
- Engaging with potential clients to understand their key challenges and needs;
- Identifying, advancing, and closing sales opportunities at new and existing clients;
- Pursuing opportunities for holistic offerings through team/cross-practice collaboration;
- Defining a compelling value proposition aligned with the client’s needs.
- Delivering successful consulting engagements by:
- Designing and managing multiple and/or more complex consulting engagements;
- Completing engagements at or above targeted profitability;
- Generating new and unique ideas and using solid judgment to determine which ideas will have greatest likelihood of success;
- Managing international teams and networks for subject matter experts;
- Playing a key role in the execution of innovative solutions and application of technical knowledge and best practices.
- Mentoring and managing local junior staff.
- 10 + years of energy industry experience, either in professional services, strategy, or management consulting or with a utility or other energy provider.
- 5+ years of energy efficiency program delivery experience.
- Demonstrated experience selling and delivering consulting and / or business solutions.
- Proposal writing experience including budget development and managing proposal timeline with multiple subject matter experts providing input.
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication
- Able to travel via airplane with minimal assistance to client sites across the regionand potentially beyond.
- Local (UAE) and regional (GCC) professional network.
- Experience delivering complex engagements in the region.
- Demonstrated interest in and experience with building organizations during early growth phases.
- Technical or economic training with advanced degree.
With a unique blend of large firm resources and an entrepreneurial collaborative culture, Guidehouse is where your purpose, passion, and expertise transform organizations. Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges with a focus on markets and clients facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation and significant regulatory pressure. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, we help clients create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare them for future growth and success.
Headquartered in Washington DC, the company has more than 7,000 professionals in more than 50 locations. If you’re passionately motivated to make a difference and deliver exceptional work, we invite you to learn more about your career opportunities at
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.