Job ID 191474
This position’s primary responsibility will be to assist the asset management team. The associate is accountable for the hotel assets’ financial and operational performance, especially during pre-opening phases.
- Conduct an accurate and timely evaluation of Hotel Operators’ supplied operational reports and conduct the necessary analysis of the operating outcomes, while liaising with Hotel Operators for clarifications and enquiries.
- Analyze the hotel operators’ operational reports, aggregate them, and create input notes on any crucial areas for Management’s attention. Provide management with both reports and input notes.
- Conduct required audits and inspections of operating hotels and schedule meetings with hotel management to check that operations are proceeding as planned in accordance with submitted reports.
- Collaborate with hotel general managers to identify and implement cost-cutting, revenue-generating, and customer experience-enhancing initiatives.
- Ascertain that Hotel Operators or Franchise Agreements (FA) are fully compliant with Hotel Management Agreement (HMA) controls and identify any violations to the agreement in order to take the necessary steps.
- Assist newly opened hotels with pre-opening support and follow-up to ensure the hotels’ operations begin properly.
- Assist management in negotiating Hotel Management Agreements (HMAs) and Franchise Agreements (FAs) from an operational standpoint during the contract preparation process.
- Analyze and reply to capital and operating expenditure (CAPEX & OPEX) requirements, ensuring that the demands are reasonable and do not exceed the hotels’ existing needs.
- Review and analyze hotel operators’ reported budgets and make recommendations to management, challenging and debating the budgets and underlying assumptions.
- Conduct a review and comparison of the trade performance metrics that are important to hotel operations (i.e. ADR, RevPAR, Occupancy, etc.).
- Financial projections and feasibility evaluations for new purchase proposals are prepared.
- Assist management in maintaining asset registries for operating hotels.
- As requested by management, provide follow-up input on the implementation of any planned strategic initiatives.
- Conduct ad hoc research projects as directed by management, whether they are related to the review of operational hotels or to any other area of interest.
- Contribute to any additional effort required by the job’s interest
Desired Competence & Expertise
- Proven analytical and technical abilities with extensive knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Possess IT expertise and knowledge of revenue management technologies such as OTA insight, Hotel IQ, and others.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to juggle numerous concurrent high-priority tasks while adhering to deadlines, collaborating with others, and seeking continual improvement.
- Individual initiative and goal-oriented drive with a great proclivity for detail.
- General knowledge of hotel operations and the lodging business, as well as real estate markets and trends and the key parameters that define them.
- Must demonstrate superior interpersonal communication, organizational, and time management abilities.
- Possess relevant asset management experience and exposure to GCC markets.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and spoken form.
- Ability to operate successfully in a collaborative setting as well as alone.
- Thrive in a fast-paced setting where deadlines must be met.
- Be driven to advance in their careers.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in hospitality and asset management, with exposure to the Dubai industry an advantage
- A bachelor’s degree in hospitality administration, business management, or a closely related discipline from a four-year college or university is essential, as is equivalent experience.
- MBA degree is recommended.