Associated Director, Client CoverageFull time @Standard Chartered posted 6 months ago
As a prominent international bank, we assist people and businesses across Asia, Africa, and the Middle East achieve their goals.
To us, a high level of performance is more than just making money. Doing the right thing, working better together, and never settling for less are just a few of our core values, and we want you to prove that you reflect our brand promise, Here for good.
As a company, we are dedicated to fostering an open and flexible work environment where everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential and make a meaningful contribution. As a result, we’re able to better serve our wide range of clients.
The Role Responsibilities
- Responsible as the primary global client contact / relationship manager delivering the client solutions that the Bank has to offer by mobilising banking teams and product partners into each client relationship of CCIB – International Corporates in Non-presence markets in MENAP (mainly Kuwait and Egypt). Individual will be accountable for the overall client group revenues, profitability and risk acceptance (AML, CDD and Credit).
- The individual is responsible for Account Plans, establishing and maintaining an end to end understanding of the client group structure and client needs and steering the client relationships. Define and agree the relationship strategy for the client and drive the global execution.
- Identifies and acts on opportunities to create new partnerships by working closely with the coverage team and product partners to ensure execution and delivery of Account plans.
- Acts as a champion of the SCB’s brand, culture, and conduct standards
- Support the vision and growth aspirations for the CCIB business regionally.
- Lead the development and implementation of the client strategy (working with the coverage team including product partners) for the designated portfolio as identified through the Account Planning process
- Accountability for delivering financial performance objectives (revenues, profitability, diversity and quality of client income, etc)
- Accountability for all other objectives for the management and development of client relationships, specifically compliance (AML, CDD) and credit risk.
- Actively identify client needs across full set of SCB product capabilities, originate new business and grow the franchise by capitalising on bank competitive attributes (eg Network etc). Selectively developing new relationships where required.
- Engage senior management and decision makers of key clients to improve the quality of dialogue with clients, promoting a move away from ‘transactional’ reactive client coverage to consistent value-added partner/trusted advisor status. Anticipate clients’ requirements and provide strategic advice, bringing in the relevant product and industry partners as appropriate.
- Maximise the profitable revenue to the Bank whilst maintaining focus on client outcomes, strengthening and deepening existing relationships both at the most senior level as well as at the operating level in the clients in the designated portfolio.
- Professionally represent Standard Chartered Bank at the highest levels within region and internationally.
- Bring strategic thought and vision as to how the corporate landscape regionally/globally is changing and where areas of international growth lie relevant to the client portfolio.
- Ensure that industry and product knowledge is continually developed personally and within the team.
- Stay abreast and anticipate the developments of the Industries/ markets in which our clients operate
- Proactively manage the designated client portfolio to ensure:
- Close ties exist with key stakeholders eg. Financial Markets, Transaction Banking, Corporate Finance, Risk, Country CEOs, Service Delivery, etc.
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed as per CIB policies and standards.
- The team is suitably trained with respect to an understanding of the regulatory environment, keeping up to date with applicable changes and Group policies with ability to contribute and, where possible, influencing policy formulation
- Key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework throughout the Corporate, Commercial and Institutional Banking (CCIB) team
- All sales disciplines are adhered in accordance with CIB standards i.e. Account Planning, Call Reports, Deal Pipeline Management, static data management as applicable for the role.
- Develop opportunities through attendance at key Industry events as necessary.
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports . Provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters, taking the initiative for providing proactive advice to clients as identified. Coach and manage the team in these matters and ensure they are adequately trained in and cognisant of regulatory, reputational and ethical risks
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct and develop a robust culture to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among team members.
- Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to the job holder’s attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate escalation to Regional / Country Banking Heads and Group/governance committees, as appropriate
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Central Bank of UAE, ADGM, DFSA regulations
- Engage with product partners within the region and globally to ensure breadth and depth of client coverage and deepening.
- Consult with senior stakeholders in Risk and Legal & Compliance to ensure that the portfolio remains credit worthy and within the policies of the bank.
- Consult with senior stakeholders in Risk and Legal & Compliance when applicable, to ensure that the portfolio remains credit worthy and within the policies of the bank.
- Point of contact with the clients under coverage, acting as a trusted advisor to senior stakeholders and top management.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelors’ degree from an international top institution and MBA preferred.
- Ideally preferred experience in banking or other relevant environment (private equity, sell-side / buy-side)
- Strong communication skills and product knowledge
- Languages: English and/or local language skills as relevant to country requirements
- Risk & AML certified as stipulated by Bank policy
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.