Backend Engineer@erad posted 2 weeks ago
erad is an online business investor in the Middle East. Through our data-drive approach, we provide non-dilutive capital to online businesses to grow while maintaining ownership and control.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to bring value and code from day one.. You are flexible, open minded and have solid examples of successful financial product builds in an Agile startup environment. You are able to work in a team of talented engineers to solve tomorrow's challenges, bringing your ideas to the table and shipping innovation to production at a fast pace, with minimum supervision.
Designing and developing high quality software and contributing to growing erad's product.
Work closely with other functions (Finance, Data) to build product capabilities.
Resolving technical challenges with clean solutions.
Producing technical documentation as needed.
Develop a deep understanding of our architecture and codebase while also learning about our product and the customers that use it.
What we look for
- Great communication skills.
- We maximize learning. You will fail if you're not learning fast enough.
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing environment.
- Heavy bias towards action. Ability to solve problems end-to-end on your own with minimal support.
- Experience working in a senior backend engineer role. You are ready to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams.
- Strong interest in building businesses and fintech.
- Experience working with remote teams
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Familiar with a startup working environment
- Take end-to-end ownership of your work, ask for support when needed
- 3+ years of experience as a webapp backend developer
- Solid experience as part of a team that built distruptive financal services applications at scale (ideally live products)
- Have a proven track record coding API and data driven solutions
- Experienced in scaling a backend solution as per the industry standards
- Experienced in working with remote data streams (REST/JSON)
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS & other cloud based products)
- Solid experience working with Relational databases (PostgreSQL) and data warehouses (Snowflake)
- Experience with ETL pipelines
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Tech stack: AWS, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, PHP/Symfony
How we work
- Positive, always
- Do it right, sky is the limit
- Dream it, get it, own it
- Give back
- Speed not hurry
Competitive salary + stock options + equipment + cool team