Bartender – Food & Beverage – InterContinental Hotels Group Dubai Festival CityFull time @Ihg posted 6 months ago
Do you want to work as a bartender for the InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What is your true calling? We’re interested in you whether you enjoy triathlons, trying new eateries, or dancing the tango. We admire people who approach their work with the same zeal and accuracy as they do their hobbies. Consider working for a company that allows you to be yourself. Our commitment to our employees is to provide opportunities for them to have a fantastic start, learn and grow, perform, be recognized and rewarded, be involved, and take the initiative and lead.
Four hotel brands are represented by the InterContinental Hotels Group® locations in Dubai Festival City. The luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the sumptuous long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites, and the colorful mid-scale Holiday Inn are among them. In addition to over 1000 bedrooms, the four properties feature a variety of high-quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre spread across two levels, the 5,000 square meter Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, a state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are searching for people who are warm, welcoming, and full of life to join our team of over 900 colleagues who are constantly looking for ways to make every guest’s experience enjoyable. We admire our employees’ passion and excitement, and we want you to share yours when you work with us.
Your typical day
Delivers great customer-focused service while adhering to InterContinental Hotels Group Policies and Procedures under the supervision of the Restaurant Manager or Supervisor. Promotes the intended work culture centered on the InterContinental Hotels Group’s five fundamental principles of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team, and Service, as well as the brand concept.
- Deliver Food and Beverage service of high standard and in accordance with departmental standards and procedures
- Communicates to his/her superior any difficulties, guest comments and other relevant information
- Establishes and maintains effective employee working relationships
- Attends and participates in daily briefings and other meetings as scheduled
- Attends and participates in training sessions as scheduled
- Prepares for service by ensuring:
- Grooming is impeccable and in accordance with ICHG personal presentation standards
- Outlet equipment is clean
- Equipment is sorted and stored
- Glassware is polished
- Flatware is polished
- China is clean
- Waiter stations are prepared
- Tables are set
- Reservations are read and familiarized
- Special occasions are ready
- Music is on
- Lighting is on
- Outlet is ready for service and guest comfort
- Carries out effective service by ensuring:
- Guests are greeted and seated
- Daily specials are explained and upsold
- Food orders are processed accurately
- Trays and tray jacks are effectively used
- Food orders are taken quickly
- Payment methods are handled accurately
- Working areas are cleaned and re-set quickly
- Bar is clean
- Used ashtrays are regularly cleaned
- Guests are conversed with in relation to the food and beverage products
- Carries out effective beverage service by ensuring:
- Beverages are upsold and regularly replenished, abiding by responsible alcohol service regulations
- Converse with Guests about wine, advising the types and styles of wine, taking wine orders and serving wine
- Promoting and selling cocktails to guests
- Presenting cocktails
- Coffee and tea is served hot and in accordance with standard
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Food and beverage stock is stored in relation to hotel procedures
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
What we need from you
Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we’re looking for:
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and in different functions
- Warm and inviting personality
- Ability to think calmly under pressure
- Willingness to learn open-mindedly
- Passion of food and curiosity for something new
- Basic organisation skills in restaurant operation
What we offer
We will reward your efforts with a competitive pay and benefits package.
Joining us means being a member of the worldwide IHG® family, and like all families, all of our individual team members have some winning traits. We operate better as a team because we trust and support one another, we do the right thing, and we encourage other points of view. You must demonstrate that you care: that you notice the small details that make a difference to guests and that you are always looking for ways to improve – learn more about us at www.careers.ihg.com.
So go ahead and show us how your enthusiasm and personality are a perfect fit for providing unforgettable experiences to our customers.
EMEAA21993 is the job reference.