Broadcast Support Engineer@Info Arab Media (IAM) posted 2 weeks ago
Info Arab Media FZ-LLC / Al Mashhad is seeking a Broadcast Support Engineer to join our existing Technology Team in the Headquarter located in Dubai, UAE. The broadcast support engineer will be Responsible for the day-to-day Broadcast support of end-to-end Broadcast Infrastructure and Technology workflow support within the facility and remote locations. The role requires Engineer to adapt Modern Digital IP Technology and its related core systems.
The selected candidate is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Installs, supports and maintains end to end from contribution, production, postproduction and transmission that includes Studio Broadcast Cameras, Video Edits, graphics systems, PCR Vision mixer, audio mixers, Talk back, Broadcast playout systems and server software infrastructure with IP Contribution systems to digital distribution video streaming systems.
- Continuous enhancement of broadcast solutions to improve broadcast workflow efficiency in fast paced news and programs production with automation systems and MAM systems including cloud archive.
- Supports storage, LTO archive and software application licensing and hardware Spares.
- Analyses and resolves faults, ranging from a minor support issue to major system crash.
- Provides training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence.
- Works closely with other departments / organizations and collaborates with operations team.
- Plans and implements system upgrades and liaise with SLA vendor support tickets.
- Maintain & Support Department Objective of broadcast systems for 99.999% uptime.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience of working in a highly pressurised environment where it is business critical that networks are up and running 24×7 due to the nature of the broadcast industry.
- Knowledge of the News, Programs Entertainment Industry and Broadcasting Technology would be a distinct advantage. For example, understanding how content is acquired, produced, transmitted, and consumed.
- The ability to understand Broadcast engineering terminology and apply that to Broadcast IP networks that systems/services rely on is key to this role.
- Minimum 4 years of broadcast support role experience.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Electronics or Computer Science.
- Additional certification of Broadcast systems or Networks, MS Systems, projects would be advantage.
- Drawings update of AutoCAD, Visio or similar knowledge