In our own words: It’s a wonderful honor for us to represent the InterContinental® brand as the world’s largest luxury hotel family. Our passion for luxury travel crosses countries and customs, thanks to decades of worldwide experience and local knowledge. For individuals who are looking for a deeper understanding of the world, this is an inspiration to us. Every one of our properties has its own unique look and feel, and we make the most of every chance to provide our guests with a memorable stay. We’d like to welcome you to the world’s most worldwide luxury hotel brand if you’d like to expand your horizons. Four InterContinental Hotels Group® brands are represented in Dubai Festival City. The InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, InterContinental Residence Suites, and Holiday Inn are among the many options available. With over 1000+ rooms, the four hotels include a 3,800 square meter Event Center, 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, Spa InterContinental, state-of-the art gym and swimming pool amenities, as well as a variety of restaurants and bars. Searching for pleasant, welcoming and full of life people to join more than 900 colleagues who are continually looking for ways to make every guest’s experience enjoyable. When you join our team, we want you to bring your best self to work every day, and we want to see that in you.
As the world’s biggest family of luxury hotels, we all take great satisfaction in being real ambassadors of the InterContinental brand. Our love for luxury travel spans cultures and customs, shaped by decades of worldwide experience and local knowledge. It’s motivating us to develop warm and complex experiences for those in search of a deeper understanding of the world. Guests at each of our hotels are treated to a unique and personalized experience, and we take advantage of every chance to do so. We’d like to welcome you to the world’s most worldwide luxury hotel brand if you’d like to expand your horizons.
Day to day As a Captain you are responsible to provide professional and customer focused service to our guests, ensuring their stay will become a memorable experience.
- Perform all necessary tasks according to the standard of performance manual of the hotel.
- Greet customers and serve them in a professional & personalised way.
- Acquire in depth knowledge of the food & beverage menus of the assigned outlet in order to assist and provide advice and recommendations when required to guests.
- Consistently monitor quality of food being served.
- Practice good customer relations and attend to customer complaints / queries promptly.
- Responsible for maintaining hygiene and cleanliness standards and records in the restaurant
- Ensure the restaurant is set-up in time for service and supervise for a smooth operation.
- Direct and supervise the waiting team to ensure that all duties are performed in line with company standards.
- Ensure that all waiting team have received adequate training to perform their duties.
- Ensure proper organization, planning and control of supplies and maintain concise record of all beverage stock in order to ensure that the required is available, use of par levels.
- Ensure minimum wastage, breakage and spoilage and that records are kept up to date.
- Actively use up selling techniques by exceeding guest expectations and to increase revenue
- Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect guests’ and employees’ health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment.
- Comply with the hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedures.
Requirements Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we’re looking for:
· Maintain a professional appearance at all times
· Great communication skills
· Positive attitude
· Ability to work under pressure, maintaining a calm attitude when required
· Accommodating of different nationalities, religions, backgrounds and beliefs.
· Provide support to positions both above and below.
· Responsible cash handling and accurate recording of financial reports both opening and closing.
· Completion of required checklists to a high standard.
· Attention to detail and consistency
· Display empathy to guests and colleagues
· Work safely and in a manner that is mindful of the environment · Assist and support colleagues in daily duties
· Work to achieve goals and targets set by line manager
· Coach waiting team and check records and duties have been completed to a satisfactory standard.
· Reporting of equipment failure to correct department.
· Maintaining cleanliness around the restaurant and bar.
Benefits Pay and perks will be commensurate to your efforts. Become part of our family and you’ll be able to enjoy some commonalities with the rest of the IHG family, just as with any family. Together, we can accomplish more because we trust and support each other, we do the right thing, and we are open to new ideas. Please visit www.careers.ihg.com for further information. So go ahead and show us why you’re the perfect fit for our visitors by displaying your enthusiasm and personality.