Captain – Food & Beverage – InterContinental Hotels Group Dubai Festival CityFull time @Ihg posted 6 months ago
Do you imagine yourself as InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City’s F&B Captain?
What is your true calling? We’re interested in you whether you enjoy triathlons, trying new eateries, or dancing the tango. We admire people who approach their work with the same zeal and accuracy as they do their hobbies. Consider working for a company that allows you to be yourself. Our commitment to our employees is to provide opportunities for them to have a fantastic start, learn and grow, perform, be recognized and rewarded, be involved, and take the initiative and lead.
Four hotel brands are represented by the InterContinental Hotels Group® locations in Dubai Festival City. The luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the sumptuous long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites, and the colorful mid-scale Holiday Inn are among them. In addition to over 1000 bedrooms, the four properties feature a variety of high-quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre spread across two levels, the 5,000 square meter Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, a state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are searching for people who are warm, welcoming, and full of life to join our team of over 900 colleagues who are constantly looking for ways to make every guest’s experience enjoyable. We admire our employees’ passion and excitement, and we want you to share yours when you work with us.
Your typical day
Assist in ensuring the smooth operation of the shift by providing customer-focused service and competent employee supervision. Promotes the intended work culture centered on the InterContinental Hotels Group’s five fundamental principles of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team, and Service, as well as the brand concept.
- Endeavour to resolve all complaints during shift and logs all complaints in log book for further follow up
- Executes cash handling and banking procedures
- Prepare daily banking and cash flow reports
- Establish and instruct staff in cash security procedures
- Reports or deals with irregular payments
- Supervise the maintenance of service equipment
- Monitor standards of guest facilities and services
- Control stock and monitor security procedures
- Assist with menu and wine list creation
- Supervises colleagues during shifts and functions
- Supervise outlet section service
What we need from you
Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we’re looking for:
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and in different functions
- Warm and inviting personality
- Ability to think calmly under pressure
- Willingness to learn open-mindedly
- Passion of food and curiosity for something new
- Basic organisation skills in restaurant operation
What we have to offer
We will reward your efforts with a competitive pay and benefits package.
Joining us means being a member of the worldwide IHG® family, and like all families, all of our individual team members have some winning traits. We operate better as a team because we trust and support one another, we do the right thing, and we encourage other points of view. You must demonstrate that you care: that you notice the small details that make a difference to guests and that you are always looking for ways to improve – learn more about us at www.careers.ihg.com.
So go ahead and show us how your enthusiasm and personality are a perfect fit for providing unforgettable experiences to our customers.
EMEAA21995 is the job reference.