Position: Chef De Rang, The Bay
Job no: 525813
Employment type Full time
Property / Office: Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Department: Food & Beverage, Non-Management (Experienced)
- Will be responsible for holding a section in the restaurant.
- Will assist the supervisors in ensuring daily checklists are completed.
- Have a good understanding of the outlet’s concept and food and beverage offerings and be able to verbally explain those to guests.
- Ensure that mise en place is completed shift to shift and during service in order to provide an efficient service. This includes cleaning tasks in front and back of house as well as polishing and assembling of equipment.
- Be able to operate the required steps on the POS – point of sales system in order to process food and beverage orders.
- Be able to deliver service by understanding the guest requirements.
- Carry out all tasks in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner.
- Properly up-sell services and products to our guests at all times, enhancing service and generating increased revenue.
- Be able to process MOHG Gift cards and other non-cash methods of payment.
- Perform any tasks relating to billing according to hotel standards and cashiering policies.
- Ensure all dishes are presented in compliance with hotel standards and food & beverage specifications.
- Conserve all outlet equipment and utensils in good conditions by proper day to day handling of all applicable utensils and by carrying out required side duties as assigned.
- Follow his/her side duty schedule and ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist supervisors/managers in daily cashiering procedures.
- Assist in picking up all required stocks, including linen, beverage, dried goods and
others and arrange them accordingly.
- Ensure product knowledge is up to date.
- Ensure that management and kitchen colleagues are informed of any special guest preferences or allergies.
- Support as required other outlets as assigned by the Restaurant/ Outlet Manager.
- Any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the Restaurant/ Outlet Manager.
- Communicate well with colleagues and superiors in order to avoid misunderstandings and other shortfalls caused by lack of communication.
- Be committed to being a team player; proactively cooperating and supporting colleagues in operational tasks.
- Listen to every guest and observe body language carefully in order to be able to understand guest needs and expectations and consistently delight and satisfy every guest.
- Being fully involved in the service and show a strong presence to customers on the floor.
- Have a natural, warm smile and a friendly and passionate approach towards guests.
- Create WOW moments to surprise and delight guests in the Restaurants through gestures and other actions.
- Ensure customer satisfaction from arrival to departure in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
Skills & Qualifications
- High School qualification or equivalent is preferred.
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is preferred.
- Experience in a high-volume restaurant with highest levels of service is preferred.
- Luxury hotel experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as senior waiter / chef de rang.
- Ability to understand guest needs and to deliver superior customer service.
- Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
- Familiar with restaurant point of sales and cashiering procedures is preferred.
- Knowledge of dining and lounge service procedures and standards.
- Ability to understand the flow of service and handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office is preferred.
- Fluent in verbal and written English language is essential.
- Verbal and written skills in Arabic is preferred.