Civil Engineering InternFull time @ANC Group posted 7 months ago
Stantec, is a global engineering consulting company providing engineering services for water infrastructure.
We are seeking qualified candidates for a Civil Engineering internship based on our Dubai site.
Candidates should be highly motivated and dependable students who are taking or have taken water resources or water treatment-type courses.
This is a terrific opportunity for a current student to support a number of exciting local and national projects.
- Assisting in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs, and completing progress reports.
- Assisting technical staff with various project tasks, including researching, compiling and evaluating project data, preparing reports and performing calculations for water and wastewater treatment projects and/or sewer or tunnel design projects.
- Performing simple calculations, computer data entry, along with some exposure to CAD, GIS, design and cross-training.
- Performing research and contacting vendors for information
Civil Engineering Intern
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree of Civil Engineering from a recognized University.
- Must be under valid sponsorship (university or family)
Employment Type: Fixed Term
Job Type: Intern
Job Category: Civil Engineering
- The ability to manage a heavy workload, with a close attention to detail.
- A customer-focused approach, possessing impressive communication skills.
- The ability to work autonomously, reviewing your work on a regular basis while consistently meeting your objectives and the capabilities to meet tight deadlines.
- Committed to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis.
- A proactive approach, working effectively in co-ordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility in all matters.
- Be of the highest calibre: punctual, attentive and competent in adhering to Stantec policies, procedures and working practices.
- A flexible approach to working hours and travel; with occasional weekend work required.
At Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients’ challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
For additional information on the Stantec transition, visit: http://www.stantec.com/content/stantec/en/about-us/news/2016/stantec-completes-acquisition-of-mwh-global.html
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
MWH, now part of Stantec…we’re looking for opportunities.
United Arab Emirates-Dubai
United Arab Emirates