Commis 3 – Crowne Plaza Hotel® Dubai Festival City@Ihg posted 3 weeks ago
There’s nothing complicated about dealing with business people.
They’re just people. Doing business.
By day, international marketing superhero. By night: fluffy bath robe and a box set.
Like Liz, who’s left her laptop cable in the cab. Or Mario, who’s secretly missing his cats. The early riser, who’s first in the gym. The sales team preparing for the ‘big pitch’ over a freshly prepared lunch. At Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts, we embrace the new world of business and understand that Modern business travellers want a hotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at every turn.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us
Your day to day
As a Commis 3 you'll be responsible for the daily mise en place under the supervision of a Chef de Partie or a Demi Chef de Partie. Promote work culture and company’s core values.
- Prepares all mise-en-place for day to day operation
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
- Maintains a healthy and hygienic workplace
- Maintains proper grooming and professional appearance.
- Communicates politely and display courtesy to guests and colleagues
- Communicates to his/her superior if there are any difficulties with guests or internal customer comment and other relevant information
- Establishes and maintains effective employee working relationships
- Attends and participates in daily briefings and other meetings as scheduled
- Attends and participates in training sessions as scheduled
- Prepares in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service
- Implements the hotel and department regulations, policies and procedures including but not limited to:
- House Rules and Regulation
- Health and Safety
- Hygiene and Cleanliness
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Must have similar experience working or training in either a luxury restaurant or a 5* hotel environment
- Must have good English communication skills
- Committed to serving food of the highest quality
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
Job Reference: EMEAA33730