Are you looking for a hot new job? You will play an important part in our kitchen, working with a terrific team. Our guests are enthralled by the food you prepare, cook, and serve, and they keep coming back for more.
Concerning the Hotel
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach is a premium five-star hotel located in Jumeirah Beach Residence, with direct access to Dubai’s most popular recreation promenade The Walk as well as the new beachfront low-rise leisure and retail destination The Beach. The hotel’s pillars are luxury stays and culinary expertise. The 444 rooms and suites all have views of the Arabian Gulf and Ain Dubai. Guests can savor delectable foreign flavors at the Infini Pool Lounge and Café Concierge, as well as our all-day dining restaurant Club Millésime.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Has to make sure that standard recipes and plating guides are followed at all times in her/his outlet.
- Provides the Sous Chef with a daily market list for her/his outlet and controls personally all goods received, in order to guarantee the quality and quantity.
- Assists the Sous Chef & Executive Chef with special Food Promotions, Events and other Food related activities for her/his outlet.
- After the set-up of buffets and before the arrival of the customers, and also during the service time, she/he must check the quantity and quality of the food items, as well as the presence of food-labels (name-tags) if required.
- Helps and assists the guest to explain dishes and recommends food specialties and promotions if available.
- Makes sure buffets are refilled at all times and all food quality of the products is as per standards.
- Prepare an own inventory list for the respective station.
- Ability, knowledge and skill to fill in for another chef when he or she is absent from another station. Thus, basic overall knowledge is required.
- Interacts and communicates with Outlet Supervisors on daily basis and makes sure all food items are sent to the Outlets are well explained.
- Controls food wastage, without compromising on food quality.
- Recommends changes in systems and procedures to increase efficiency and improve service levels.
- Responsible for maintaining of records / documentation in his / her area as per operational control requirements.
- Maintains excellent intradepartmental communication by means of log books and various other memoranda as specified by the Executive Chef.
- Checks with the Outlet Chef at the end of her/his shift that all equipment is properly working, clean, are in appropriate place and nothing is left around, which can be hazardous to others.
- Applies HACCP as per the Hotel Standard.
- Be familiar with the operational procedures of all equipment in the kitchen and operate them in the correct manner to ensure the maximum efficiency and personal safety.
- Participate in regular meetings and briefings as scheduled.
- Understand and abide by all safety rules, emergency procedures and fire prevention regulations.
- Assist in the implementation of the various food safety and hygiene standards including HACCP and other Municipality regulations.
- Work closely with the Hygiene Officer in implementing all hygiene and safety procedures.
- Participate in any scheduled training and development programs that may improve personal or departmental standards.
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
our experience and skills include:
- Have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a Commis 2 – Cold Kitchen in a 5 star hotel or resort.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with the team and deliver consistently.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit