Commis IIFull time @Rotana posted 7 months ago
We are now looking for dedicated and energetic Kitchen experts who take pride in providing exceptional levels of customer service and unique solutions to our visitors.
As a Commis II, you are in charge of daily food preparation and duties that must be completed in order to achieve the defined standards and characteristics, and your role will include crucial responsibilities such as:
- Support the Demi Chef de Partie or Commis I in the daily operation and work
- Work according to the menu specifications by the Chef de Partie
- Keep work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to the rules set by the hotel
- Control food stock and food cost in his section
- Prepare the daily mis-en-place and food production in different sections of the main kitchen or satellites
- Follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate Superiors to complete the daily tasks
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
- Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should have a professional kitchen apprenticeship or chefs training course, as well as previous experience in high-quality institutions and excellent culinary abilities. The ability to communicate in English, as well as a track record in food preparation, presentation, and preservation skills, is required.
Competencies & Knowledge
The ideal applicant will be upbeat and enthusiastic about food, and will be willing to collaborate with the service team to provide exceptional guest experiences every time. You are a very positive, dynamic, creative, and motivated team player who can operate in a multicultural workplace and under tough conditions and who possesses the following extra competencies:
Understanding the Role Taking Charge