Communication & Interior Design Manager | IKEA Dubai Festival CITY | Dubai@IKEA posted 3 weeks ago
Job Requisition ID: 132681
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
You are a strong leader who can lead by example. You have the ability to bring out the best in co-workers and to motivate and develop the organisation. You can create an environment where the AF/IKEA values are a living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and visitors. You have excellent communication skills and have the ability to share your knowledge and learning, and build working relationships. You are strategic, analytic and have the tactical abilities.
You have the ability to priorities and organize work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available. You have the commercial and visual competence with a keen eye for aesthetics. You want to lead, inspire and build a strong team. You want to create a better life for many individuals at their homes.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- University Graduate in relevant field
- 5 years Interior Design/Visual Merchandising experience, 2 – 3 years in a managerial level, IKEA is preferred
- Held a previous management role which included leading a creative team
- Ability to quickly develop knowledge of the local market and business conditions
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Project management experience
- Store layout planning experience
- Strategic Planning and Analytical Skills
- Effective Communication
- Excel competence
- Customer Focused
- Individual Accountability & Personal Leadership skills
- Fluent in English communication skills, Arabic language would be an advantage
About the role
You are primarily responsible for leading the Communication & Interior Design department in securing the overall visual and inspirational level inside of the IKEA store. The IKEA store should by visitors be perceived as being a source of inspiration, tips and ideas as well as a qualified home furnishing specialist providing home furnishing solutions in order to help maximize sales.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Support the store with expertise to secure that the commercial level regarding range presentation and visual merchandising is optimised and that there is a common thread throughout the store
- Ensure that time plans and budgets set by the Store Manager are followed for all work related to changing and updating all areas of the IKEA store in sync with the Commercial Calendar
- Developing and implementing the annual business plan with the store management team in regard to your own Department and areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for the planning, execution and follow-up of the stores’ commercial calendars
- Closely work with the Country Comm In Manager to plan and organise marketing activities related to the commercial calendar.
- Work as a team with the rest of the Commercial team (ISL and Sales) in order to achieve the store sales target and the level of inspirations agreed with the Store management.
- Contribute with your expertise to achieve the store sales target
- Accountable for maintaining the store budget for the Com & In department
- Plan and lead major changes in the store including building up new room sets, new homes, new departments
- Ensure that systems and methods stated in IKEA Concept documentation are implemented throughout the whole store
- Offer Commin support to the Expansion team
- Provide a vibrant and enthralling environment to the staff and Back Office areas
- Working closely with Trinity of the store – Sales and ISL
People Management and Development
- Ensure that all co -workers have receive the necessary training in safety and security aspects related to the use of this equipment so they are able to follow the rules and regulations and prevent accidents
- Make sure all co-workers having properly trained including development programs to secure the store performance and succession needs
- Ensure positive results in the employee survey and taking action in the areas where the satisfaction is low
- Manage the recruitment of the Comm-In department. Ensure the vacancies are filled as soon as they arise, and the right candidates are hired in the vacant positions
- The IKEA store should provide a vibrant and exciting atmosphere that convince the visitors to come back for more repeat visits.
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.