Delivery Captain – Tanagra@Chalhoub Group posted 2 weeks ago
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing
The Driver is responsible for transporting mail and items from one location to the other, with care and on timely basis. The Driver may sometimes also be involved in pick up and drop off of visitors to and from the airport, hotels and offices.
- Daily collection and delivery of mail from PO Box and transfer to office mail room when assigned
- Delivery of all inter-office/inter-company mail covering all retail outlets, offices and warehouse
- Provide assistance with the sifting and distribution of mail
- Custom errands
- Deliver all sensitive/confidential inter-office/inter-company mail to the specified recipient and secure signed receipt in dispatch book
- Report any/all incident(s)/occasion(s) of misplaced/lost mail
- Provide the necessary assistance in the tracing and tracking of mail (delivered and undelivered)
- Transfer of visitors and new employees to and from airport/hotel/offices
- Comply strictly with route and schedule as assigned
- Perform daily vehicle inspections and minor maintenance tasks when necessary
- Report any/all maintenance issues
- Keep the assigned vehicles clean inside out
- Ensure that the company vehicle assigned is used exclusively for company business only
- Report any/all accidents at first possible instant
- Strict adherence to all traffic and road safety regulations
- Receive (or route) all operating instructions via the Administration Executive (Chain of command)
- Perform other duties as required
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrating Personal Resilience & Adapting to Change
- Demonstrating Customer Centricity
- Planning and Organizing
- Understanding & Developing Self
- Driving Results
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Communicating effectively
- Collaborating & Influencing with Respect & Trust
- Being Inclusive
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.