Demi Chef de Partie – Culinary (Bakery) – InterContinental Hotels Group Dubai Festival CityFull time @Ihg posted 6 months ago
Do you want to be a Demi Chef de Partie at InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What is your true calling? We’re interested in you whether you enjoy triathlons, trying new eateries, or dancing the tango. We admire people who approach their work with the same zeal and accuracy as they do their hobbies. Consider working for a company that allows you to be yourself. Our commitment to our employees is to provide opportunities for them to have a fantastic start, learn and grow, perform, be recognized and rewarded, be involved, and take the initiative and lead.
Four hotel brands are represented by the InterContinental Hotels Group® locations in Dubai Festival City. The luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the sumptuous long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites, and the colorful mid-scale Holiday Inn are among them. In addition to over 1000 bedrooms, the four properties feature a variety of high-quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre spread across two levels, the 5,000 square meter Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, a state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are searching for people who are warm, welcoming, and full of life to join our team of over 900 colleagues who are constantly looking for ways to make every guest’s experience enjoyable. We admire our employees’ passion and excitement, and we want you to share yours when you work with us.
Your typical day
You will assist the section chef as a Demi Chef de Partie by preparing, presenting, storing, and serving a variety of dishes. You will foster the ideal work culture based on the InterContinental Hotels Group’s five core principles of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team, and Service, as well as the brand ethos.
- Communicates politely and display courtesy to guests and internal customers
- Provides direction to the Kitchen helpers, including Cooks, Kitchen Attendants and Stewards
- Communicates to his/her superior any difficulties, guest or internal customer comment and other relevant information
- Establishes and maintains effective employee working relationships
- Attends and participates in daily briefings and other meetings as scheduled
- Attends and participates in training sessions as scheduled
- Prepares in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service
- Maintains a clean and hygienic work area
- Implements the hotel and department regulations, policies and procedures including but not limited to:
- House Rules and Regulation
- Health and Safety
- Standard Operations Procedures
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Follows the FBM System rules
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
What we need from you
Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we’re looking for:
- Must have similar experience working in either a luxury restaurant or a 5* hotel environment particularly in international cuisine
- Must have strong communication skills
- Ability to lead a large team
- Committed to serving food of the highest quality
- Has a passion for cooking and creating new menu
What we have to offer
We will reward your efforts with a competitive pay and benefits package.
Joining us means being a member of the worldwide IHG family, and like all families, all of our individual team members have some winning characteristics. We operate better as a team because we trust and support one another, we do the right thing, and we encourage other points of view. You must demonstrate that you care: that you notice the small details that make a difference to guests and that you are always looking for ways to improve – learn more about us at www.careers.ihg.com.
So go ahead and show us how your enthusiasm and personality are a perfect fit for providing unforgettable experiences to our customers.
EMEAA21994 is the job reference.