Job ID 191307
12458-Digital System Support specialist
Posted: 17 Oct,2021
Location: United Arab Emirates
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Incumbents may perform any combination of the essential functions shown below. This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or abilities associated with this classification, but is intended to accurately reflect the principal job elements.
- Support digital laboratory systems and the broadcast server.
- Work with a wide assortment of digital equipment in a laboratory environment.
- Provide specialized user support services at an assigned high school. Train and assist students, faculty, staff and administrators with digital computer hardware software operation, and peripherals.
- Perform technical duties in the installation, maintenance and repair of a variety of digital computers and peripheral equipment including digital cameras, sound equipment, monitors, scanners and others; order replacement parts and other materials as needed.
- Prepare the laboratory for scheduled use by teachers.
- Respond to reports of equipment malfunction and software problems; troubleshoot, test, adjust and repair digital hardware; refer repairs requiring factory service or warranty-covered repairs to appropriate vendor or service agency in accordance with established guidelines. Deliver and pickup equipment as needed.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive preventive maintenance program for digital computer equipment and peripherals campus-wide. Test, clean and adjust equipment as needed.
- Maintain an inventory of digital computer hardware and software. Maintain other records on assigned equipment and utilization. Monitor software license compliance.
- Research and recommend the purchase, replacement or disposal of digital computer and peripheral equipment. Research and identify software solutions in response to faculty and administrative requests.
- Attend a variety of workshops, conferences and seminars to maintain current knowledge of technological advances in the digital computer field.
- Train and provide work direction to student assistants as assigned.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports related to digital equipment inventory, maintenance requests and purchases.
- Operate a variety of test equipment, hand tools and power tools. Operate a vehicle incidental to work activities. Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
- Data analysis, validation and reporting using Microsoft office, namely XL , power point for the validation and reporting purpose
- Customer handling /services experience will be advantage
- Bachelor degree holder
Customer handling /services