Director, Network Partner Management CEMEA@Visa posted 3 weeks ago
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology? Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world? You will fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Visa Payments Limited, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Visa Payments Limited is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa Payments Limited and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Visa Payments Limited as a Operations Analyst, we want to hear from you.
You're an individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Partner Management & Acquisition PM&A sits within Visa Payments Limited, an important part of Visa Direct with the objective to unleash the power of Visa to beyond the card. This enables Visa clients to send and or receive money through bank accounts around the world. The PM&A team is responsible for the acquisition, management and oversight of external payment bank ,non-bank partnerships. You will work within a dynamic team that acts as key point of contact for numerous internal stakeholders, businesses, project management, technology and operational division. The team is regularly called upon for discussion around new client opportunities to ensure that that we source and deliver for the best client solution.
What a Regional Head does at Visa:
- To manage the team of Partner Acquirers and Partner Managers in the region.
- To manage and maintain adequate coverage of payment network Partner routes and relationships across the geography
- Oversee and monitor the end to end process of selection to successful on-boarding of new partners, working with technical, operational and commercial teams to resolve any issues and manage the successful completion in accordance with agreed timetable.
- Agree and manage a programme of dual supply on all routes with regular volume to ensure route resilience and effective cost optimization
- Oversee the Identification and selection of new payment partners in collaboration with the central network team and in accordance with the network standards and performance criteria. Provide clear, complete, accurate and compelling information about the process, criteria, expected standards of network partners.
- Agree with central Partner Network team and manage delivery of a programme of target new bank partners to replace non-bank partners on all routes, wherever possible.
- Collaborate with sales and account managers to understand route demand from current and new clients. Work in partnership with sales team to attend select client meetings to deliver compelling value proposition relating to routes, local capabilities, pricing linked to volumes etc.
- Develop and maintain senior relationships with relevant management personnel in banking and non-banking partner businesses. Through structured, professional, informed and professional dialogue demonstrate Visa, Earthport as a highly experienced, credible and compelling payment banking partner worthy of relationships at senior levels of its partner companies
- Work with the wider Bank Partner Network team and sales and marketing, to identify, plan and deliver effective marketing and brand building events and engagements with clients and partners.
Why this is important to Visa
Visa’s mission is to connect the word through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive, while Visa’s vision is to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere. The role offers unique and exciting opportunity to support Visa’s mission and vision in enabling Visa clients to send and/or receive money through bank accounts around the world which can only be achieved through robust partner network building. As the Regional Head for CEMEA, your role is critical in building the strong partner network foundation and pillars to support Visa’s business expansion.
Projects you will be a part of:
The Partner Network team is in an explosive growth phase. We are expanding in all markets around the world. You will be leading the projects in the region, contributing to our build-out and revenue generation.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
- 15 years or more of relevant experience in a global bank or payment company in Network Management, Correspondent Banking, International Cash Management or Transaction Banking
- In-depth knowledge of Global Payments
- Experience in managing teams, leading by example
- Travel would be required for this role
- Experience in Account Management
- Experience in Sales and Business Development
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.