Director Operations – Food@Careem posted 2 weeks ago
At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We're pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We're in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About the team
We are looking for a passionate Director Operations – Food to take the lead in driving our critical COE's, Acquisition, Performance, City Operations and New categories strategies for our centralized market operations. You will be working closely with the Senior Director for operations and the COO to grow high impact results in the markets. It’s a critical role for the success of Careem and includes several dimensions.
As a Director Operations – Food, you will be taking full ownership of building and maintaining product operations across all stakeholders and touch points.
What you'll do
- You will be the mission critical leader in central ops, working closely with the other COEs to guarantee supply (restaurants & captains) and leverage deep analytical insights to deliver high impact results.
- Working closely with Service Owner for the Food division, driving the strategy and execution of plans to deliver on Goals
- Analytics and data drive everything we do: source, transportation, strategy, decisions and people.
- We are building multiple networks: restaurants, users and drivers (Captains). You are responsible for quality, performance, reliability and optimization of these.
- Your world will be incredibly diverse: Acquisition (Onboarding & Training, Early Life Retention, etc); Performance (Quality & Reliability of restaurant, Retention of captains, Engagement initiatives and budget spend), City Ops (Walk in Support, Trainings/Re-trainings, Supplier Relation, Local Partnerships). Closely work with the Partner ops team to ensure feedback to restaurants and thus improve their performance.
- You will be responsible for scaling to new markets and going deeper into existing markets with identification & onboarding of New restaurants, designing and executing new launch strategies for green field markets, etc.
What you'll need
- Passion for Analytics: Great analytical thinker with deep data analysis to help design solutions and optimize fleet utilization.
- Hunger to get things done: Super strong project management skills, with a focus on proactively finding practical solutions to problems and demonstrated high levels of bias for action.
- Leader: Need to take the initiative, inspire people to raise the bar & set new operating standards, and build a loyal community.
- Strong Work Ethic: Careemers work incredibly hard and we love doing it. We believe in open culture and information sharing to drive visibility.
- People Skills: need to be able to build and maintain relationships with a diverse group of people (direct & indirect). Selling ideas and beliefs is what will make you successful.
- Entrepreneurship: always thinking about your business and owning it! Imbibing the Careem model and continuously improving it.
- Empower people: empower the team to stop and fix the processes / policies to make positive changes.
- Drive standardization: believe in standardizing work content, processes and policies to ensure seamless operations and drive output predictability.
Where you'll be
Even though we are working remotely, we are strong believers in collaboration and the power of building social connections with our teams. For that reason, our offices are still open and provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a quiet space to work outside of home.
You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary work location.
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day