Creating breakthroughs as a team is an important part of our corporate culture. How? Building the groundwork for the future and developing a workplace that supports diversity, flexibility, and aligns with our purpose-driven future-focused work are the focuses of our work every day. With a strong emphasis on learning and development, individual recognition, and a wide range of benefit alternatives, we are able to offer a highly collaborative, caring team atmosphere. Now is the time to apply!
This position provides support, advice, and services to executive management (often board members or senior executives, in exceptional situations L2 executives), as well as customers, potential customers/partners, and other interested parties. Aids in the alignment of business strategy and operations.
To name a few,
Creates, coordinates, and executes business improvement initiatives and initiatives.
Liaison with key internal and external stakeholders, including management of strategic meetings
Preparation of presentation and management materials, as well as assistance with strategic issues
Projects and special tasks involving many units are planned, coordinated, and carried out with the assistance of other Board departments.
With relation to the area of expertise, advises the Executive Management team.
These occupations should NOT be classified as secretarial or personal assistant (PA). Some companies refer to incumbents as ‘Chiefs of Staff.’
Career Level Description
- responsible for delivery of outcome of assigned projects or areas of responsibility
- internally recognized senior on complex technical and business matters
- works on large, complex activities, using demonstrated creativity and expertise and applying specialist professional knowledge to deliver high quality results / technical solutions
- collaborates in devising long-term concepts
- may include team lead or supervisory responsibilities
- contributes independently, resolves complex issues in own specialist area (e.g. cross-functional or cross-country projects)
- works independently on topics while setting priorities having sole responsibility
- provides regular project status and updates
- decisions/solutions can enhance essentially current and future design and strategy
- enhance complex systems & processes
- advanced technical or business skills and special knowledge in one / several areas
- individuals with a customer focus have developed the acumen to cultivate and develop lasting customer relations
- typically several years experience with increasing amount of responsibility
- *) in Project Management: Depending on LoB, has an PMI, Six Sigma or equivalent certification
- if in Six Sigma has green belt
- builds and maintains partnerships with internal and external customers and partners
- contributes actively to build common ground for cooperation
- communicates clear and conveying processes & policies in a way that others can understand
- communicates relevant messages in a timely manner and with constructive feedback to cross functional colleagues & managers
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
It is the responsibility of the Executive Business Senior Assistant to provide assistance, advice, and service to the executive management (typically Board members or L1 Executives, but in exceptional cases L2 Executives) in the planning and coordination processes of the Board Area as well as in the contact with customers, interested parties, and partners.
Core tasks include:
- Preparation of presentations, conference calls and management documents
- Preparation of strategic meetings with key internal and external stakeholders
- Provide liaison between the key executives and employees
- Assisting in strategic topics
- Preparation of complex (activity/expense) reports, projects and documentation
- Coordination of cross-unit projects and special tasks as well as cooperation with other Board Areas
- Experience & Educational Requirements
Experience & Language Requirements
- At least 5 years administrative and business professional experience in fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Tools
- Experience with SAP internal Tools like Corporate Portal ISP, CSN
- English: Level 3: Fluent
- Language of the manager/team: Level 3: Fluent
- University degree in related field
- Post-graduate degree (e.g. MBA)
Job Specific Skills
The skills are specified with a proficiency level ranging from 1-4 to reflect the different career levels and enable a smooth skill progression along the different levels.
SAP Core Competencies
Innovative Thinking 2
Customer Focus 3
Business Acumen 3
SAP Employee Competencies
Quality Focus 3
Partner and Third Party Engagement 2
Intercultural Sensitivity 3
IT Principles and Data Security 2
Change Agility 2
Challenge Complexity 2
Time Management 3
Project Management 2
Priority setting 3
Organization Effectiveness 3
Office Tools 3
Internal Tools 2
ISP and ILP 2
Corporate Portal 2
Knowledge of our internal incident-ticket system, how it works, the different components (both incident and service request management) and the different reports available 2
CSS problem reporting and message handling 2
Analytics Capabilities 2
Ability to work independently 2
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: or , APJ: , EMEA: .
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.