Executive Director, Structured Solutions@Standard Chartered posted 2 weeks ago
The Structured Solutions Development team (SSD) is accountable for designing, negotiating, structuring and delivering non-vanilla and bespoke cash management solutions to our client base using a range of products within SCB and from external partners, as appropriate.
SSD is a core part of the product management team that is accountable for ensuring that the solutions developed are in compliant with the Bank’s policies and procedures, regulatory framework as well as ensuring that the products and process are in line with market needs and overall strategic product directions.
This team engages/consults with clients on their bespoke or complex needs and provides solutions which are customised. This team builds client specific solutions which may be widely adopted in the future (whilst Sales is about delivering/marketing today’s product which are flow based in nature), working with clients whose needs are more complex and for whom there may be no readily available product on the shelf.
This role requires direct sales / structuring experience and proven ability to interact with senior external stakeholders (MNC clients). Experience in working with a corporate treasury, finance or digital teams in an added advantage.
- Develop plan for successful execution of global SSD strategy in local region and countries
Solutions Development & Delivery
- Solutions typically involve specific tailored partnerships (both SCB and client arranged/appointed 3rd Party)
- Deals of the following nature are typical of an SSD engagement:
- structured cash ecosystem deals
- structured e-commerce / market place solutions
- Deals which recommend an SSD involvement as per a product program or deal review guidelines
- Complex Virtual account / Virtual account for payments / Virtual Ledger / API structures
- Complex pooling (MCNP) / liquidity management / Interest Optimisation structures
- Complex cash solutions supporting sophisticated client structures such as In-House Banks, Trading Centres, and Shared Service Centres
- Structuring and implementation of cash-based solutions spanning multiple product programs or where appropriate, drive co-creation opportunities that will meet client’s cash management needs.
- Actively participate in new developments in the transaction banking industry and its applicability to clients e.g. use of blockchain for cash, digital treasury, APIs for insurance industry, etc.
Financial Management – Product P/L Management
- Deliver budget, through active management of:
- Revenue (existing and new revenue streams)
- Penetration of the product: No. of clients using the products in country
- Drive liabilities / OPAC gathering with view to increase contribution
- Returns (i.e. product profitability) at a deal or client level.
Market Management & Commercialization
- Builds deep and comprehensive knowledge of client industry sectors, their drivers, commercial processes, how they compare with their peer group on debt, working capital, best practices in treasury and liquidity management, etc
- Identifies new business opportunities and revenue pools whilst articulating how the product capabilities can solve for client needs and requirements
- Works closely with the relevant data teams to develop solutions for client needs based on data
- Actively mitigates identified business pain points, by evaluating pragmatic solutions that have wide applicability and have potential for replication for the countries/markets
- Within the country, leads solution identification and brainstorming sessions with client facing teams (TB Sales, GB RMs, CB RMs) to generate leads
- Engages in best practice sharing and education of clients on use of sophisticated solutions to meet their needs
- Provides business solutions for complex deals or RFPs to drive sales and solutions
- Meets and engages clients to understand their needs or to provide solutions for their explicit or implicit needs using a consultative sales approach
- Promotes replicability of solutions by educating RMs and Sales on successful solutions so they can be transitioned to BAU sales.
Processes & Implementation
- Working with and through the relevant implementation and operations teams to ensure successful and smooth delivery of solutions
- Where relevant provide critical feedback to the relevant teams and conducting post implementation review analysis through client feedback and incorporates good practices in subsequent implementations
- Tracks clients’ deal utilization with a view to achieve utilization targets.
- Responsible for leading, directing and influencing colleagues and partners to deliver the priorities of Transaction Banking Product Management including:
- Creating momentum and conviction towards the type of complex solutions required by clients (Business Leadership)
- Sense making the business context and drivers, while adopting a strategic mindset to advise clients and internal business partners on solutions (Client Leadership)
- Providing guidance, coaching, mentoring and development to product and sales teams around complex solutions whilst role modelling nimble learning (People Leadership)
- Driving collaboration between GB and CB RMs, TB product and the TB Sales team to optimize benefit to the client through product differentiation and delivery
- Providing advisory, constructive challenge and thought leadership perspectives on a range of opportunities and challenges in country and across markets covered by the role (Thought Leadership
- Responsible for understanding and anticipating various future industry trends in country and across the markets, reviewing target client segments, solutions and capabilities required to meet the requirements.
- To be able to articulate to the client, risk and other relevant teams on how a proposed solution meets client needs, enable it to be more efficient, enable it to grow and scale its business, mitigate its risks and how it helps in a wider investor participation for a financing where required.
- Builds deep and comprehensive knowledge of legal aspects linked to an instrument, debt, security in the relevant jurisdictions; local regulations and initiatives of local industry bodies to stay ahead of the regulatory change agenda and/or how it affects the solutions.
- Takes the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters by providing proactive advice to clients and sales teams
- Ensures adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations
- Ensure appropriate TB inputs are incorporated in Deal Review / BCA / Term sheet / Pre-Screening review / Credit
- Working with Global Head of SSD as well as the Head of the Region (East or West) to effectively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters in a timely manner.
- Accountable for all product related risks for deals and solutions executed for clients
- Identifies and mitigates operational, credit, regulatory, legal, fraud and risks in a transaction.
- Evaluates current processes or solutions via a business Conduct lens.
- Ensures the relevant approvals (including compliance with relevant deal review guidelines) for a transaction or client engagement are sought and can be produced for an audit review at any point in time
- Understands compliance, AML and FCC risk and applies appropriate risk mitigation processes.
- Conducts frequent portfolio reviews to ensure the portfolio of transactions have all required approvals and all conditions of approval are met with at all points in time.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Displays exemplary conduct and lives by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Takes personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Leads solution structuring to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identifies, escalates, mitigates and resolves risk, conduct and compliance issues.
- GB / CB country and regional heads, Cash Product Cluster Head, Global Head SSD, Heads of Legal and CFCC.