Job ID 191377
Heartists® are who we are.
The term “Heartist®” encompasses our culture and identity. Every action we take is motivated by our hearts, and we are specialists in our field. We ensure that everyone may come as they are and feel at home by being generous, attentive, and uninhibited. As a cohesive unit, we understand that we can accomplish incredible things only through collaboration!
We believe that when we are connected to one another, the world becomes a more hospitable place. Thus, we can focus on our commonalities rather than our differences.
Adagio and Ibis Ways of Life
We tell unique stories to our customers and fellow Heartists® by providing customized experiences with a Glocalized urban flair.
We collaborate to find and are adaptable to our guests’ exacting requirements.
Our Heartists® infuse the cluster with vitality. They are fashionable, curious, creative, and open-minded, with an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Ensure that invoices from hotels’ vendors/suppliers and other business partners/third parties are posted in line with USALI, and that monthly payment batches are prepared in an accurate and timely manner via checks or bank transfers.
- Is accountable for preparing basic accounting routines, filing all papers, and keeping the Finance Department’s active files, which include, but are not limited to: Accounts Payable, General Ledger, and Payroll.
- Is accountable for the timely and accurate processing of monthly payroll batches, from document collection and proper updating in the payroll system to pay computation, posting, and subsequent payment preparation and release.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
Planning ,Organizing & Operations:
Vendor / Suppliers’ Invoice Posting
- Collects from hotels/procurement department LPOs/delivery notes and verify arithmetic consistency vs. invoices charges.
- Ensures systematic formal approval of invoices and related supporting documents from HOD and Management.
- Prepares JVs for upload, submit them to A/P Supervisor review before posting to respective suppliers/P&L accounts and ensure proper cost allocation by business unit.
- Updates monthly JVs folder for A/P Supervisor review and filing in Monthly Closing Pack Review.
- Collects on month end pending LPOs and prepare listing of accruals for invoices not received to be submitted to A/P Supervisor review before posting.
Petty Cash / Expense Claim Vouchers Posting
- Collects from departments Petty Cash and Expense claim vouchers.
- Posts vouchers and ensure proper cost allocation by business unit.
- Verifies validity of vouchers supporting documents/receipts and report any incompliance with procedure to A/P Supervisor.
- Prepares JVs for upload and submit them to A/P Supervisor review before posting.
- Runs bi-monthly cheques/bank transfers batch payment based on due-dates and submit payment vouchers to A/P Supervisor for review.
- Ensures that suppliers/vendors statement of accounts are in reciprocity with business units ledgers and coordinate communication with suppliers/purchasing department to resolve any discrepancy.
- Reviews suppliers accounts monthly to ensure systematic accurate payment allocation.
Payroll Preparation & Calculation
- Verifies that system timesheets are in reciprocity with attendance sheets validated by HOD.
- Checks that overtime/leaves and other absences as well as Heartists terminations / recruitments / status change are properly supported by approved documentation and accurately updated in system.
- Posts in payroll system variable data (loan, advances…) for payroll computation.
- Runs system payroll calculation, verify data consistency and submit monthly payroll register to Accounting Center Manager for review.
Payroll Payment and Posting
- Prepares monthly payroll JV and coordinate posting with Senior Accountant.
- Prepares monthly payroll reconciliation report vs. last month in order to ensure that month-to-month changes are performed properly and accurately.
- Provides list of cheques payments to A/P section for action.
- Prepares bank transfers payments and submit them to Accounting Center Manager for review.
- Prepares employees Full & Final Settlement/Annual Leave Advance payments and submit to Accounting Center Manager for review.
- Follows-up with the bank for payment confirmation/any issue related to payment of payroll.
Labor Accruals Update and Review
- Prepares monthly labor accrual (bonus, annual leave, gratuity) for Accounting Center Manager
review and filing in Monthly Closing review package.
- Bi-annually (June and December), conduct exhaustive verification of bonus/air-ticket accruals in coordination with HR department and ensure proper reciprocity between system, records and books.
- Maintains accurate electronic spreadsheets for financial and accounting data.
- Coordinates with Suppliers/Vendors’ contacts for cheque payment collection at the hotel.
- Files exhaustively payment vouchers in respective folders for on-site records.
- Maintains update on A/P documentation inventory for off-site/external archiving and coordinates with outsourcing company for annual pick-up in accordance with archiving SOP.
- Keeps all the Contracts files up to date and follow up with the concern department for the renewal.
- Updates Revenue share worksheets and reconcile and verify the invoice for payment.
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel’s policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel’s emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel’s commitments to the “Environment Charter” of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
Our ideals serve as a shared language and guide us each day. These values are embodied and expressed through our Heartist program, which serves as a symbol of our identity and culture. They serve as the basis that links us to the Group. They perpetuate and disseminate – transcending professions, individuals, regions, and cultures – the spirit of hospitality and service that is our strength and the foundation of the Group’s global success.
Passion for the Guests
We are obsessive about our customers. Our guests influence our judgments and actions. We prioritize them and take care of them. We go above and above for them. We take pleasure in doing so.
We believe that hospitality has the potential to unlock the door to a more prosperous future. We act for the greater good by assisting and empowering the communities in which we live and by protecting the world you visit.
We are inextricably linked to the world and to one another. We appreciate the fusion of cultures. We take pride in our individuality. We prioritize you and cherish you for who you are. We are concerned about the environment.
Our guests, like us, are globetrotters. We desire to be where they desire. We investigate, initiate, and develop. We have high expectations of our guests. We make the unthinkable possible and have a good time doing it.
Hospitality is a team sport, and our strength comes from our ability to trust and support one another. We believe in natural compassion, in valuing our differences, and in the importance of all voices. We work together as a team to speak what we mean and mean what we say.
We have the audacity to question the current quo. We encourage innovation and push ourselves to be better and faster at what we do. We take calculated chances, dream the unthinkable, and make it a reality.