General Accountant@Hunter Foods posted 2 weeks ago
General Accountant_ HF_GA_Jun2022
We are a fast-growing UAE-based company involved in the manufacturing and global distribution of premium,
gourmet snacking products. We are looking for an ambitious and experienced General Accountant to join our
Finance Department, adding value by bringing in in-depth controlling knowledge & business decision supportive
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage Vendor accounts – Expense booking, Purchase verification, Reconciliations, and payment
preparation on timely basis
- Maintain good rapport with vendors and manage cash flow efficiently
- Manage customer accounts with daily receipt entries, agreement-based deductions, reconcile customer
- Ensuring all accounting entries are strictly aligned with proper authorisation/agreement and documented
- Communicate SOA to sales team and customer ensuring receivables are aligned with the agreed terms
- Manage petty cash and daily reporting.
- Generate and communicate age analysis for payables and receivables
- Perform Monthly Balance sheet schedules and reconciliations
- Manage Prepayment and Asset register with monthly amortisation schedule.
- Monthly MIS reporting with analysis for the respective heads
- Ensuring internal deadlines are met, driving internal controls, ensuring accurate client aging balances are
being reported, maintaining the Allowance for Doubtful Accounts calculations, reviewing and approving
balance sheet reconciliations, monitoring bad debt expenses, etc.
- Assist in the financial planning by means of forecasting receivables and payables.
- Identify process improvements, recommend, and implement changes to improve ERP systems, workflow
processes and individual performance
- Audit assistance
- Ad hoc reports
SKILLS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB
- Accounting knowledge up to finalisation
- VAT returns filing knowledge
- Strong focus on policy adherence.
- Quality and quantity driven working is crucial.
- Good reporting skills
- Excellent communication, planning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent execution skills and multi-tasking ability; disciplined and ability to handle high-pressure
- Strong collaborative mindset; loves working in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence and build trusted working relationships with internal business partners
and external customers.
- Exposure to Oracle NetSuite or equivalent ERP is a must.
- Exposure to manufacturing setup is preferred.
Education: Bachelors/master’s in accounting
Work: 3+ years of work experience
Language: Communicate professionally in English at a business level (verbal and written)