Guest Experience Specialist – Front Office – Crowne Plaza® Hotel Dubai Festival City@Ihg posted 3 weeks ago
There’s nothing complicated about dealing with business people.
They’re just people. Doing business.
By day, international marketing superhero. By night: fluffy bath robe and a box set.
Like Liz, who’s left her laptop cable in the cab. Or Mario, who’s secretly missing his cats. The early riser, who’s first in the gym. The sales team preparing for the ‘big pitch’ over a freshly prepared lunch. At Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts, we embrace the new world of business and understand that Modern business travellers want a hotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at every turn.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
Your day to day
Under the direction of the Reception Manager, the Guest service agent is responsible for all activities relevant to the front office desk, and activity. As a Guest service agent, you have the room to create a warm atmosphere that will make our guests fell right at home. You’ll be a part of the first impression the guests receive when they enter, and the chance to make it a memorable one before they leave.
- Be the warm welcome that kicks off a memorable guest experience
- Acknowledge IHG Rewards Club members and returning guests, in person or on the phone
- Take and manage guest bookings, up-selling opportunities and telling them about ways to improve their stay
- Handle cash and credit transactions
- Start every stay right by swiftly checking guests in and out – take IDs, hand out room keys, and control and release safety deposit boxes
- Stay one step ahead of guests’ needs – record and act on their preferences, and handle their messages, requests, questions and concerns
- Be a trusted contact for all guests. Help them with anything from bill issues to local knowledge, and loop in management when necessary
- Stay safe all the time. Following our safety procedures, you’ll report all incidents and wear any protective gear needed
- Take pride in your appearance and place as a brand ambassador
- Always know what events and activities are on the day’s schedule
- Jump into other ad-hoc duties when your colleagues need your help
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Communication skills – guests and colleagues will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to
- Fluency in the English language – extra language skills would be great, but not essential
- Literate and tech-savvy – you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing, basic maths and computers, Especially our reservations system, Opera
- Flexibility – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- You’ll have a high school diploma or qualification. A college or university degree would be a bonus, but not essential
- Experience – ideally you’ll have spent at least two year in a front desk or guest service position in a 5 star property
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
Job Reference: EMEAA33515