Helpdesk Support Engineer@ACCUMED posted 2 weeks ago
Help desk support will be the go-to person for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software. The role will be responsible for answering queries and addressing system and user issues in a timely and professional manner. The help desk team will train users on basic system and computer functions. Understanding and proactively maintaining daily system performance, having the ability to troubleshoot customer problems, and innate follow-up and follow-through skills are all essential aspects of the help desk support’s day-to-day role
- Monitor and respond quickly to incoming requests relate to IT issues.
- Serving as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Maintain computer systems and act as support if any system goes down.
- Responsible for PC’s, Printers, Servers and related equipment (monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, etc.).
- Maintain user PCs, including upgrades and configuration as needed.
- Assist with onboarding of new users.
- Keep inventory of all equipment, software, and license users.
- Install, configure, and upgrade PC software.
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
- General awareness of computer systems, PC repair, and network management
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (e.g. Any desk)
- Ability to deploy, configure, and support operating systems on desktop and mobile
- Understanding and appreciation for information security within systems and user devices.
- Strong drive to provide excellent customer service and experience, with an awareness of prioritization of tasks, stakeholders, budget, and time
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal