Hospitality Agent@Sonder posted 2 weeks ago
Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014 and headquartered in San Francisco, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in more than 30 cities spanning eight countries and three continents. Sonder's innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
Our Hospitality Agents are the face of Sonder and our boots on the ground throughout the city. This is one of the most versatile roles at the company and perfect for anyone who loves being on the go and finds fulfillment in serving our guests. You are a detail-oriented individual who thrives in problem-solving guest issues and satisfying guest requests throughout the day. If you're ready for an evolving and fast-paced environment that is focused on delivering amazing guest experiences, we'd love to hear from you!
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Respond to day-to-day guest requests, issues, and other outreach using the Sonder Service Principles
- Guide guests through the Sonder experience, ensuring they have an amazing first impression
- Troubleshoot minor maintenance and technology issues (e.g., upholstery stain removal, light bulb replacements, access to units, wifi connectivity or overseeing contractor appointments)
- Perform housekeeping quality audits and inventory checks in our units to ensure that hospitality standards are met consistently and robust feedback to our vendors is relayed in a timely fashion
- Assist with inventory duties such as preparing turnover kits, receiving deliveries, and tracking linen/consumables use
- Maintenance and organization of working spaces including office, storage closets, warehouse and others, as assigned
- Travel to multiple Sonder properties throughout the local market, as required
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Flexible to work late / evening shifts
- Guest-centric and positive mindset
- Organized, hardworking, and detail-oriented
- Comfort with ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities
- Thrives in a fast paced, ever-changing, always challenging startup environment
- Ability to work effectively both in a team environment as well as independently
- Comfort in independent problem solving with the humility to ask for help when needed
- Unintimidated by using mobile apps while in the field for team collaboration and communication
- Flexible schedule and open to working evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift/carry items up to 50 pounds and stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Previous experience working in hospitality, service, and/or customer experience
- This role requires regular access to a reliable smartphone and a reliable vehicle to use for work, a valid driver's license, and a clean driving record with proof of insurance.
- Proficiency in languages other than English a plus
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
Generous stock plan
Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Workplace flexibility for remote positions #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.