Housekeeping Attendant@Marriott International, Inc posted 2 weeks ago
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Responsible for cleaning and maintaining of assigned areas to the required standards as lay down by Housekeeping Shift leader / Housekeeping Supervisor. The primary areas of responsibility will be room or public space cleaning, however the same standards are to be maintained in other designated areas as assigned from time to time.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports – 0
- Titles of Direct Reports – N/A
- Having an experience in similar position for at least 12 months with a great interpersonal skills and good level of physical fitness.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
Education or Certification
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Reports to Housekeeping office with uniform and clock in.
- Collects the floor or Public area master key from the Loss prevention office, signs for it and picks up daily room reports from Housekeeping office. To ensure that the key is not handed over to anyone and should not open guest rooms for anyone.
- Inform the HK Office Coordinator/Shift Leader about any lost and found items ( follow the LSOP in place)
- Report any breakage and lost items to your Shift leader/Office coordinator
- Report any associate and guest complaints to your Shift leader or manager.
- Once the cleaning assignments are done, to be proceeded to the Housekeeping office and to be signed off from the shift.
Responsibilities while cleaning Guest Rooms:
- No excessive noise to be made in the guest room areas, as it may disturb a guest. This has to be applied any time during the day or night while on the floor.
- Priority to the checkouts / arrivals to be given when scheduled for the preparation of the rooms. The only exception to prioritize the occupied rooms is based on guest request.
- Check for DND’s before entering an occupied room. Inform your Shift leader/Office coordinator of any room discrepancies, extra departures, and extended stays (The Shift leader /Office coordinator will also inform you if there is changes).
- Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access, such as knocking three times, saying “Housekeeping,” and ensuring vacancy before entering.
- Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms, such as toiletries, glasses, mugs, linens, towels, tissues, coffee, printed materials, and laundry bags according to standards.
- Replace dirty linens (e.g., sheets, pillow cases) and terry (e.g., towels, bathrobes) with clean items, following correct bed making and folding standards.
- Clean bathrooms, including bathtub/hot tub/shower, toilet, floor, sink, and mirror.
- Remove trash, dirty linen, and room service items from room and balcony/patio.
- Check that all appliances are present in the room and in working order (e.g., hair dryer, television and remote, DVD player, microwave).
- Straighten desk items, e.g. newspapers or magazines, furniture, and appliances and restore to original positions.
- Dust, polish, and remove marks from walls and furnishings (e.g., appliances, furniture, ice bucket, honor bar, baseboards, ledges, entrance door).
- Vacuum carpets and performs floor care duties (e.g., in guest rooms and hallway).
- Special cleaning of the day to be performed.
- To report any faulty electronics, lights, plumbing, telephone etc. via Guestware/IVR to the maintenance department / Housekeeping Shift leader as well to be filled in the respective room checklists.
- Change the room status as appropriate, e.g. occupied clean, vacant pick up etc.
- When the section is completed, the carts & HK pantry to be arranged
- To provide a Turn down (Nightly Refresh) service as per the JW Marriott Marquis standard.
Responsibilities while cleaning Public Areas:
- Clean public and employee restrooms and showers, including stocking bathroom with adequate paper goods and soap, cleaning all surfaces, and emptying trash.
- Clean glass (e.g., windows, mirrors) in public and employee areas by removing dust, spots, and smears.
- Clean floor surfaces in public or employee space using designated chemicals, supplies, and equipment (e.g., mops, buffers, vacuums, wet vacuum, extractor, shampoo machine, stain remover).
- Dust surfaces in assigned area, including furniture, fixtures, woodwork, pictures, public or house phones, fire extinguisher boxes, exit signs, and air vents.
- Empty trash containers, ashtrays, and ash urns in public areas into proper containers for recycling or disposal.
- Inspect condition of furniture for tears, rips, and stains and report damages to manager/supervisor.
- Clean and maintain lights by wiping lamps, light fixtures, and light switches, checking that they are in proper working condition, and reporting burnt-out bulbs.
- Perform cleaning activities within the property as directed by the supervisor with proper use of equipment and materials for maintaining a high standard of hygiene and appearance and in accordance with the laid down procedures.
- Complete routine cleaning activities within the area of responsibility within the specified timeframe and in accordance with the laid down procedures
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment used are regularly cleaned and in safe and working condition and they are returned to their original location so that it is easily accessible for the next shift.
- Ensure that maintain all cleaning tools etc. in good condition. Returning them to their original stores to avoid any delay for the next shift.
- Inform the Shift leader of any additional maintenance, cleaning or repairs that have to be conducted.
- Report the items or valuables found on the property in order to help maintain the reputation of the property.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/Shift leader.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Attend departmental meetings and training sessions
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.