Housekeeping Supervisor@Marriott International, Inc posted 2 weeks ago
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel & Suites, King Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud Street Dubai Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
To ensure the maximum comfort to the guest’s stay, by maintaining and supervise an efficient cleaning and servicing operation to bedrooms, bathrooms, corridors and service areas; to make sure that the Public Areas are maintained to the Hotel standard; to carry out and supervise the training of all associates to encourage their growth; to help the Housekeeping Leadership Team to manage the department in the most cost-effective way in line with agreed budgets and Company policies.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel & Suites.
- Number of Direct Reports – variable
- Titles of Direct Reports – HK Attendants, HK Interns , HK Coordinators, Special Project team, HK Admin, HK Shift Leaders
- Housekeeping leadership work experience (Team Leader, Shift Leader or equal positions) for a minimum of 2 years
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills in English (verbal, listening, writing)
- An effective Team Player in a team based environment
- Effective time management skills.
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Able to do shift work
Education or Certification
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
To be able to conduct departmental opening up / closing down procedures according to shift allocation. When necessary
2. To supervise the work of the room attendants and all supervisors providing assistance and support and taking corrective measures should the standard of work deviate from the set standards.
3. To ensure any V.I.P or special requirements are provided and are ready for guests on arrival. To check all V.I.P Bedrooms.
4. To check public areas and to offer help where needed, to make sure that the cleaning is to the hotel standard.
5. To assist with the deep cleaning of public areas and to help in the floor care
6. To help to oversee with the Supervisors the coordination of training and orientation on all housekeeping associates, Maintaining training records, Training focus sheets and updating accordingly and assisting in the measure of the hotel standards.
7. To attend or hold training sessions when required
8. To assist with standard bedroom checks at all levels including team leaders
9. To carry out Brand Standard checks within the department
10. To provide assistance, support and training to all levels of Housekeeping team taking corrective measures should the standard of work deviate from the hotel standards.
11. To assist with all team members 1on1 meetings and staff appraisals
12. To assist in building and maintaining an efficient team of staff by taking an active interests in their welfare health safety training and development.
13. To assist in maintaining discipline within department.
14. To assist in the stock taking of all linen and equipment etc. at regular intervals, preparing the results highlighting any shortages or surpluses and undertaking remedial action where appropriate
15. To assist in monitoring departmental costs whilst using resource effectively and economically to ensure expenses are kept to a minimum.
16. To liaise with the maintenance department regularly to ensure that all faults, defects and minor paint repairs are carried out promptly and report more major difficulties to the Chief Engineer, immediately.
17. To assist organize and supervise deep-cleaning and special cleaning Curtains, Carpets of all areas under jurisdiction as required, to maintain the very highest of standard.
18. To be aware of the work specification of all outside contractors and to liaise with contracting companies as required.
19. To assist in the selection of equipment, products and services as necessary
20. To assist and advise on the installation or changing departmental systems or procedures and to ensure all departmental practices and procedures to be confident in their implementation.
21. To assist with the recruitment and section of department employees.
22. To assist in the preparation of weekly Rota and wages (Forecast, actual)
23. To assist the office coordinator to ensure cost effective staffing levels and usage of supplies, and to be fully conversant with relevant accounting procedures and records keeping
24. To ensure all requests from guests are carried out.
25. To be fully conversant with standard cleaning procedures and the correct usage and dosage of each cleaning chemical. To be aware of and adhere to the health and safety Regulations and to ensure that these are complied with at all times.
26. To be aware of all current Company and Departmental Policies and Procedures, ensuring these are adhered to at all times.
27. To attend all Statutory Training, Job Training Sessions and Communication Meetings.
28. To provide a high level of customer care, anticipating any potential areas for guest’s dissatisfaction and taking appropriate action to prevent this
29. To ensure any guest complaints are investigated and rectified to the guest’s satisfaction immediately. Any serious complaints should be referred to Executive Housekeeper/ Director of Services for his or her attention.
30. To maintain a cheerful and polite Attitude to our guests and colleagues at all times and to use the guests name if known.
31. To ensure all departmental practices, policies and procedures to be confident in their implementation and assist in the necessary modification of any as requested
32. To ensure that all room attendants hand over all lost property as soon as it is found and that it is recorded according to the hotel standard
33. Attends meetings and training sessions/ courses that may be beneficial to you and your department on request from your line manager.
34. To take correct action in the event of a fire. Demonstrates a working knowledge of fire prevention and to ensure that staffs follow the hotel evacuation procedures up on hearing the alarm
Reports to Housekeeping office with uniform and clock in.
B. Collects the floor or Public area master key from the Loss prevention office, signs for it and picks up daily room reports from Housekeeping office. To ensure that the key is not handed over to anyone and should not open guest rooms for anyone.
C. Inform the HK Office Coordinator/Shift Leader about any lost and found items (follow the LSOP in place)
D. Report any breakage and lost items to your Shift leader/Office coordinator
E. Report any associate and guest complaints to your Shift leader or manager.
F. Once the cleaning assignments are done, to be proceeded to the Housekeeping office and to be signed off from the shift.
Responsibilities while cleaning Guest Rooms:
§ No excessive noise to be made in the guest room areas, as it may disturb a guest. This has to be applied any time during the day or night while on the floor.
Priority to the checkouts / arrivals to be given when scheduled for the preparation of the rooms. The only exception to prioritize the occupied rooms is based on guest request.
§ Check for DND’s before entering an occupied room. Inform your Shift leader/Office coordinator of any room discrepancies, extra departures, and extended stays (The Shift leader /Office coordinator will also inform you if there is changes).
§ Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access, such as knocking three times, saying “Housekeeping,” and ensuring vacancy before entering.
§ Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms, such as toiletries, glasses, mugs, linens, towels, tissues, coffee, printed materials, and laundry bags according to standards.
§ Replace dirty linens (e.g., sheets, pillow cases) and terry (e.g., towels, bathrobes) with clean items, following correct bed making and folding standards.
§ Clean bathrooms, including bathtub/hot tub/shower, toilet, floor, sink, and mirror.
§ Remove trash, dirty linen, and room service items from room and balcony/patio.
§ Check that all appliances are present in the room and in working order (e.g., hair dryer, television and remote, DVD player, microwave).
§ Straighten desk items, e.g. newspapers or magazines, furniture, and appliances and restore to original positions.
§ Dust, polish, and remove marks from walls and furnishings (e.g., appliances, furniture, ice bucket, honor bar, baseboards, ledges, entrance door).
§ Vacuum carpets and performs floor care duties (e.g., in guest rooms and hallway).
§ Special cleaning of the day to be performed.
§ To report any faulty electronics, lights, plumbing, telephone etc. via Guest experience GXP /IVR to the maintenance department / Housekeeping Shift leader as well to be filled in the respective room checklists.
§ Change the room status as appropriate, e.g. occupied clean, vacant pick up etc.
§ When the section is completed, the carts & HK pantry to be arranged
§ To provide a Turn down (Nightly Refresh) service as per the Marriott standard.
Responsibilities while cleaning Public Areas:
§ Clean public and employee restrooms and showers, including stocking bathroom with adequate paper goods and soap, cleaning all surfaces, and emptying trash.
§ Clean glass (e.g., windows, mirrors) in public and employee areas by removing dust, spots, and smears.
§ Clean floor surfaces in public or employee space using designated chemicals, supplies, and equipment (e.g., mops, buffers, vacuums, wet vacuum, extractor, shampoo machine, stain remover).
§ Dust surfaces in assigned area, including furniture, fixtures, woodwork, pictures, public or house phones, fire extinguisher boxes, exit signs, and air vents.
§ Empty trash containers, ashtrays, and ash urns in public areas into proper containers for recycling or disposal.
§ Inspect condition of furniture for tears, rips, and stains and report damages to manager/supervisor.
§ Clean and maintain lights by wiping lamps, light fixtures, and light switches, checking that they are in proper working condition, and reporting burnt-out bulbs.
§ Perform cleaning activities within the property as directed by the supervisor with proper use of equipment and materials for maintaining a high standard of hygiene and appearance and in accordance with the laid down procedures.
§ Complete routine cleaning activities within the area of responsibility within the specified timeframe and in accordance with the laid down procedures
§ Ensure that all cleaning equipment used are regularly cleaned and in safe and working condition and they are returned to their original location so that it is easily accessible for the next shift.
Ensure that maintain all cleaning tools etc. in good condition. Returning them to their original stores to avoid any delay for the next shift.
§ Inform the Shift leader of any additional maintenance, cleaning or repairs those have to be conducted.
§ Report the items or valuables found on the property in order to help maintain the reputation of the property.
- Performs other related task as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Continent Office Policies and Procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.