HR Business Partner@GEMS Education posted 2 weeks ago
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) formulates an effective partnership with education leaders to develop and improve People & Organisation deliverables in schools and the alignment of business objectives of the organisation. They understand and constructively challenge cluster leads.
The HRBP acts as a GEMS advisory and subject matter expert, championing employer branding, employee engagement, and talent management initiatives. Collaborate with GEMS SSC function leads to align/implement all people-related policies, processes, and standard operating procedures.
Talent Identification, Succession Planning and Performance Management
- Drive succession planning processes to identify and mobilize talent for movements within the GEMS network. Identify key positions and individuals within the cluster and maintain active talent information about potential successors to support engagement & retention.
- Oversee talent initiatives including 9-box grid, leadership databases, and talent pipelines
- Support internal talent branding and attraction strategies
- Support performance management by enabling 100% compliance of the principal termly reviews.
- Maintain up-to-date HR cluster dashboard(s) and implement an action plan to address key areas (recruitment, compliance, performance, succession planning, principal termly reviews) in regular consultation with the cluster leads and senior management at SSC on a bi-weekly basis.
- Advocate efficient performance management process in schools, across all staff categories
- Work in partnership with the corporate P&O Talent lead on the implementation of the PDP for the assigned cluster. Identifies training needs for Principals & staff on executive coaching and PDP system where necessary.
Recruitment & Retention
- Ensure school leadership hiring is aligned with internal talent mapping and external pipelining projects.
- Identify risks and Single source of all recruitment requirements, maintain alignment with the cluster level recruitment plan and coordinate with the central recruitment team.
- Support effective recruitment strategy implementation and provide guidance and input on business unit restructure and workforce planning. Maintain a central record of key vacancies.
- Facilitate annual intentions process, perform data analysis, and study exit trends to implement best-suited retention and recruitment strategies.
- Facilitate quality assurance on exit process periodically to support improved retention, year on year.
- Implement Board approved Reward strategies supporting attraction and retention of top talent.
Culture & Employee Relations
- Lead the organization's climate survey actions and monitor the pulse of the organization to anticipate issues.
- Represent and advocate core values through all People-focused initiatives in schools.
- Manages and resolves complex employee issues & whistleblower reports. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations in assigned school clusters.
- Accountability for implementing GEMS Separation procedures, Grievance, and Discipline policies in assigned schools.
HR Operations & Compliance
- Provide guidance to Cluster Education leadership in collaboration with Government Relations team to provide up-to-date knowledge of employment law and regulatory expectations.
- Ensure employee reconciliations are being performed by schools, and support school teams to achieve 100% compliance with mandatory registrations and all regulatory guided employment approvals.
- Drive Safer recruitment policy compliance across GEMS MENASA network, including ongoing advice to schools and facilitating training as needed.
- Conduct safer recruitment audits periodically. Analyse findings and recommend action plans for improvements.
- Communicate and maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees and P&O policies, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
Reporting & Data Analytics
- Leverage data to develop key priorities for driving P&O agenda and business outcomes.
- Owns the HR data for the assigned cluster(s) and is responsible for the ongoing improvement and maintenance of the data quality.
- Support implementation of HR automation projects. Work in collaboration with ERP, Data analytics, and HR projects teams to deliver core automation business objectives.
Expected Qualifications & Experience:
- A Degree in HR and/or an MBA in a related field.
- At least 5 years HR Generalist experience
- At least 2 years experience as a HR Business Partner
About Your Benefits
An attractive remuneration package is on offer to the successful candidate including tax-free salary, medical cover, tuition fee concessions, annual leave, and end of service benefits.