NOTE : Please only apply if you have sufficient experience and skills required as per job description below.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILTY & AUTHORITY:
- Compiles and analyzes financial information such as IC purchases, sales revenue, markup, and expenses.
- Communicates and coordinates with NOV affiliate partners to record IC transactions, analyze IC balances, and propose clearings.
- Reconciles intercompany accounts, including Inter-Unit markup, with a large volume of intercompany partners to avoid any out of balance between the IC partners.
- Responsible for IC AP which includes booking invoices and settlement.
- Responsible for IC AR which includes collection of IC invoices.
- Generates monthly intercompany billings (Intercompany chargebacks).
- Prepares and posts journal entries to the general ledger (accruals).
- Creates and distributes the monthly AR and Sales Mark-up file to NOV affiliates.
- Updates the Open Items lists and ensures that IC balances are properly aged.
- Intricate member of the IC Accounting team involved in the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closes.
- Assists with fulfilling audit requests (internal audit/external audit/sox). Other duties and special projects as assigned. Ensure compliance with NOV company and HSE policies and procedures .
- Identifying and designing accounting processes for automation
- Setting up, testing and monitoring automated workflows(mainly through alteryx) to ensure that accounting processes function at optimum efficiency without risk of error
- Monitoring and maintaining automation post-implementation and resolving any potential issues to ensure smooth accounting operations
- Producing process documentation in order to outline mistakes and successes and refine processes going forward
BEHAVIORAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting – Essential
Proficiency in automation tools mainly Alteryx
Professional Finance related qualification like a master’s degree in finance, CA, CPA, ACCA is desired.
RPA Developer certifications preferred
Minimum 2-3 years overall accounting experience in IC accounting.
Experience in end-to-end automation delivery including requirement documentation, development, testing and deployment (mainly through Alteryx)
Experience in working with ERP systems. JDE experience preferred.
Experience with Hyperion (HFM) and smart view
Skills, Training, special knowledge, and/or Language skills
Basic knowledge of Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) and automation tools
Basic programming knowledge
Experience with Databases, such as SQL and NoSQL
Advanced knowledge of excel
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong desire for continuous improvement, track record for process improvements
We Power the Industry that Powers the World
Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.
We are a global family of thousands of individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.
Through purposeful business innovation, product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers the world better.
Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’ needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on time and on budget.
Within NOV Wellbore Technologies, we enhance drilling performance at the rig, both on land and offshore. We understand the complete process and anticipate what our customers need to be successful.