Internal Auditor (Urdu / Arabic Speaking)@Al Jalil International General Trading Est. posted 3 weeks ago
To coordinate and effectively conduct internal audits to provide Management an assurance that the following are aligned towards the achievement of overall company objectives:
· Company’s resources are economically and effectively utilized and safeguarded
· Reliability and integrity of information provided to Senior Management
· Compliance with Company’s policies and procedures, as applicable
· Adequate system of internal control, risk management and corporate governance within Company.
· Plan and execute audits and reviews, including special ad-hoc investigations and other reviews as may be requested by the Senior Management.
· Carry out audit assignments in accordance with the International Auditing Standards and Professional Code of Ethics. All audit findings and issues are properly documented, communicated and agreed upon with the auditees.
· Draft audit report in a concise manner and that audit issues are placed in appropriate context with recommendations presented in a persuasive manner for proper implementation by the auditees. Also, follow up periodically with the auditees on implementation of agreed audit actions.
· Communicate effectively and professionally with auditee management throughout the audit process.
· Establish and maintain effective business relationships within the organization and maintain knowledge of assigned functional departments.
· Perform investigations involving allegations of irregularities, fraud, corruption and other violations of the Company’s Code of Conduct as communicated by the the management
· Collaborate/ coordinate with other stakeholders (e.g., Legal, HR, Finance, etc.) to conduct forensic and other investigation requirement to appropriate channels for investigation and resolution.
· Carry out investigations in a fair, objective, thorough manner and in compliance with relevant policies and regulations.
· Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls; identify and communicate the results of the investigation, including control deficiencies, the causes and recommendations to Operational, Legal, and HR management.
· Provide concise and timely updates to the Head of Audit on the progress of investigations and deficiencies identified.
· Evaluate the anti-fraud framework and provide recommendations for improvement.
· Follow-up with the management over the implementation of actions arising from investigation reports
· Maintain a log register of all complaints and reports received, investigated and decisions taken.
· Prepare clear, comprehensive and cohesive investigative reports and memoranda in a timely manner and present the findings and recommendations of an investigation to Audit Manager and Head of Audit.
· Ensure that all documentations and evidences on cases and incidents investigated are maintained and kept in a secure place with access restricted only to authorized parties and proper chain of custody is maintained.
· Prepare clear, comprehensive and cohesive investigative reports and memoranda in a timely manner and present the findings and recommendations of the investigation for review and approval.
· Recommend practical improvements options corresponding to the observations with an objective to contribute to the improvement of governance, risks and control processes to assist in the achievement of the company business objectives.
· Ensure adequacy of the corrective actions taken on audit recommendations / improvement options.
Key Personal Attributes
· A good blend of creative thinking and rigorous analysis in solving business problems.
· High energy individual possessing excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Adept at preparing and presenting to senior audiences.
· Demonstrates excellent leadership and interpersonal skills. Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor in times of high stress.
· Excellent time management skills. Must have ability to multi-task.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
· Minimum 3 years varied experience in internal audit, audit & fraud risk assessment, investigations, case handling, management, project management and implementation, ethics and compliance or related functions
· Experience in Real Estate, Transport, Manufacturing & industries, Food & Beverages and oil & gas sector is an advantage
· High level of proficiency in English and Arabic is preferable
· Certification (at least one) e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIA, CISA,
· Forensic Certification is a preferable (e.g. CFE)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Contract
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dubai: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)