Investment Intern@Harmony Capital Services Ltd posted 4 days ago
Role Investment Analyst Intern Location Dubai
Department Investment Team Reports to Investment Analyst/
Overall Purpose of Role
Harmony Capital is the Investment Manager of Jade Road Investments Limited, a London-quoted investment company focusing on delivering long-term income and capital growth to shareholders through a diverse portfolio of pan-Asia investments. With a dedicated team of investment professionals with extensive Asian expertise and a global perspective,
Harmony Capital sources predominately private opportunities and has created a strong pipeline of income-generating assets from investments in industries such as renewable energy, healthcare, technology and real estate across the globe.
The full-time paid internship role requires a combination of remote-working and in-person office/meeting attendance in Dubai and incorporates both investment and business development work. The intern will report to a team of managers based in Dubai, London and Hong Kong. The role is for 3 months minimum but ideally 6 months and with a potential for full-time employment in the UAE.
_ Valuations _
- Conduct detailed valuation work on companies as directed by an Investment Analyst. Tasks include detailed financial modelling/forecasting, discounted cash flow analysis, enterprise valuation, comparable analysis and other analytical works as appropriate.
- Conduct detailed return analysis on investment opportunities.
- Conduct detailed competitive analysis and market opportunities research for the Middle East, Asia and the UK.
Due Diligence & Deal Assurance
- Review of legal agreements, bond indentures, bank facility agreements and securities documentation as necessary for investment analysis.
- Assist with ongoing analysis, monitoring and reporting on existing and future portfolio investments, including review of monthly management reports and Board information packs, where relevant.
- Assist with the development of Harmony Capital’s ESG-focused strategies.
- Assist with the compilation of power-point presentations and other research and marketing materials.
- Some experience in the financial services industry, either in private equity or investment banking.
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel / financial modelling skills.
- Strong organisational skills, the ability to manage multiple and conflicting deadlines, and strong attention to detail.
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration, or Law.
- CFA Level 1-3 or IMC qualification desired.
- Business-level of Arabic language preferred.
- A legal right to live and work in the UAE. No visa sponsorship is available.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Contract length: 3-6 months
Salary: AED3,000.00 per month
- Financial services: 1 year (Preferred)
Application Deadline: 22/04/2022