Junior Landscape ArchitectFull time @Parsons posted 6 months ago
Determines aesthetic design and practical technical solutions for the planning of external spaces including hardscapes, softscapes, Streetscapes etc. Works would cover urban planning, commercial buildings and spaces, residential projects, Industrial sites, Public open spaces and parks, Resorts, Hotels and leisure facilities etc.
Proficiency in providing complex technical solutions and preparing full technical packages from concept design, through Design development, Final Design to Tender and Contract documentation in coordination with Senior Team members.
Construction packages would include construction details for all built forms within the external works packages to be designed in coordination with the relevant engineers prior to contract documentation.
Hardscape detailing would include the design and specification all external finishes, level changes, walls, minor structures, drainage, water features etc.
Softscape detailing would include the design and specification of all plant materials, planting medium, preparation of the site, contours & grading and control of all horticultural practices for installation works.
The Landscape Architect would assist with supervising installation of the landscape contract works on site, and would report on site works, progress, changes etc. The landscape architect would assist in administration of the contract to ensure the works are carried out to the contract specifications and programme.
- Preparation, design and presentation of high quality landscape concept drawings.
- Preparation of technical design packages through to tender
- Contract administration of projects.
- Liaise with juniors and plan, program and delegate within the team structure.
- Coordination with other relevant disciplines such as Engineers, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, Architects
- Provide high level liaison with Clients and Client’s representatives.
- Prepare contracts within budget requirements and provide accurate costing information to the client or quantity surveyors.
- Develop maintenance plans for completed sites.
- Maintain affiliations with professional societies to keep abreast of technologies.
- Accredited Degree in Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, or Architecture
- 0-3 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated production experience with AutoCAD, Adobe CS, MS Office, SketchUp and Rhino. BIM a plus.
- Experience on design development and construction details for landscape architecture projects
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills (English) are necessary
- Ability to effectively manage time and self-edit work
- Proficiency and passion for creating compelling open space design, with an ability to develop the work through the technical design phases
- Team player with the ability to collaborate as part of a diverse studio team
- Skills to generate exceptional two dimensional and three-dimensional design graphics
- Experience in ACAD Civil 3D, Grasshopper, Revit, ArcGIS, and other computer applications is highly desired
- Strong knowledge/interest in plant materials
- Experience preparing construction documents
- Ability to quickly and effectively explore and communicate visual and spatial ideas
- Strong visual / graphic discernment and ability (a “good eye”)