Learning & Development Manager@Jobsite Direct posted 2 weeks ago
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai’s premier lifestyle destination, is located on Jumeirah Beach Road just 15 km from the city centre and 25 km from Dubai International Airport. The 26-floor hotel has a curved design which represents the shape of a breaking wave and offers pristine private beaches with undisturbed views of the Arabian Gulf.
With 599 sea-facing rooms and suites and 19 private villas, as well as 21 restaurants and bars, extensive conference and banqueting facilities, a private marina, Sinbad’s Kids Club, Talise™ Spa, and direct complimentary access to Wild Wadi Waterpark™ for all guests, the hotel continues to redefine the holiday experience.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Manager, Learning & Development at Jumeirah Beach Hotel.
The purpose of this role is to direct and manage the implementation of the hotel and corporate L&D strategy and initiatives to develop and retain high-potential employees and build internal capability to meet current and future business needs.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Conduct frequent Learning Needs Analysis at a Business Unit level and effectively partner with stakeholders to implement learning and development initiatives to drive performance.
- Direct the definition of the nature, frequency, and purpose of key L&D initiatives, both in-house and outsourced, and ensure that all L&D opportunities are leveraged to maximise colleague development.
- Direct the design and implementation of the integrated group wide L&D plan and blended learning initiatives, including on-the-job training, classroom training, mentoring etc. to address capability and knowledge gaps, equip colleagues with the skill sets required to meet operational objectives and ultimately enhance guest experience.
- Analysis of available data through guest feedback systems (Medallia, TripAdvisor etc.) to identify skills and service gaps, and work with operational leaders to design and implement multi-dimensional interventions and programs to address these gaps in positive sustainable way.
- Facilitate a learning culture through the development of Departmental Trainers and education of line managers and HODs on available resources and options to enhance knowledge and capability.
- Lead the identification of the required technical and behavioural competencies for various organisational levels and roles to steer L&D efforts towards the achievement of those requirements and ensure that Colleagues build the right skill sets to boost their performance.
- Selection and assessment of external service providers and trainers as well as oversee the monitoring of their L&D service delivery to secure highly qualified technical expertise.
- Manage the L&D feedback and the analysis of feedback related to the L&D policies, programs, and delivery systems to address areas of improvement in a pro-active manner, constantly re-aligning L&D efforts with the business’s needs.
- Direct the monitoring, assessment, and reporting of the performance of all corporate-level L&D initiatives, by interpreting key performance indicators, to ensure visibility on their return on investment and adjust efforts accordingly.
- Manage the effective achievement of objectives through setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing staff, and providing formal and informal feedback to maximise overall performance and team motivation while continuing to deploy resources effectively for growth and further strengthening the employee value proposition.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant Health, Safety and Environment management procedures and controls within a defined area of activity so that Jumeirah Group provides world class and luxurious hospitality services to its guests and protect the Shareholders’ interests.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Learning & Development/ training budget and monitor the financial performance of a given area versus the budget so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
- Recommend improvements to departmental policy and manage the implementation of procedures and controls covering all areas of activity so that all relevant procedural requirements are fulfilled while ensuring that Jumeirah Group delivers world class services, excellence, and innovation.
- Support Group Wide Business Excellence performance and partner with relevant stakeholders to drive Customer Satisfaction Indicators and Net Promoter scores, using the data collected to investigate and mitigate improvement in processes and systems.
- Support hotel and Group Wide L&D initiatives in designing and implementing coaching and mentoring programs that are used as a metric to drive succession planning and colleague promotions.
- Support Group Wide and Hotel L&D initiatives to develop key leaders including HOD’s and Executive Committee by driving autonomous learning and incorporating that into company issued development initiatives.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- 6 to 8 years of relevant experience with an international hospitality company; 5 years of which in managerial position
- Excellent knowledge of key HR frameworks, with a focus on talent management and learning and development.
- Excellent understanding of core hotelier operations and of the luxury hospitality industry.
- Strong understanding of the human resources and legal considerations related to developing and employing people in different operating countries.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Outstanding inter-personal and presentation skills and an ability to connect with people at all levels to drive successful relationships.
- Strong recruitment skills for development and progression purposes.
- Business partnering skills with proven record of successful project deployment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources Management or equivalent from an accredited and renowned University.
- Instructional Design certification
- CIPD or equivalent in Learning and Development
- Master’s Degree in Business, Human Resources Management or equivalent from an accredited and renowned University will be desirable
- An MBA Degree
- Association of Talent Development Master Trainer Certification
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, life insurance, functional incentives, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
Primary location: United Arab Emirates (AE)- Dubai
Job: Human Resources
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 45
Worker Type: Regular
Organisation: Jumeirah Beach Hotel [JBH]
JOB REF: 46078
Travel & Tourism jobs,
Human Resources jobs,
Students and Graduate jobs,
Management & Consultancy