Legal and Compliance Officer@CBRE posted 2 weeks ago
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (based on 2020 revenues) with more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliates). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2021. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 20 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for nine years in a row.
The company serves real estate investors and occupiers through approximately 530+ offices worldwide (excluding affiliates). CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
Working as Legal and Compliance Officer you will support the legal and compliance functions of the business, covering a range of aspects including contracts, legal research, corporate governance, client due diligence and regulatory compliance.
Commercial & Contract Management
- Assist Director, Legal & Compliance in providing legal advice and support to the business on all contract matters
- Review contracts including non-disclosure agreements and tender documents
- Review client proposed variations to standard engagement letters and Terms of Business
- Support company registration processes and liaise with regulatory authorities as required
- Assist with the implementation of corporate mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and restructuring
- Assist with the management of the Company’s professional insurance policies and liaise with the global risk team on insurance enquiries.
- Assist in managing the standard contract system and database
- Assist in litigation matters as required
Legal Support and Advisory Services
- Prepare legal advice
- Conduct legal research
- Assist in preparing briefs to external counsels
- Prepare legal updates, memos and assist in providing training to internal clients
- Conduct client due diligence checks
- Assist in general legal and administrative matters including organizing and maintaining precedent systems
- Update and organizing files and records
Compliance and General
- Assist with implementation of CBRE compliance policies and ensuring all employees complete required training
- Liaise with the regional Business Continuity team to update information or communicate news to the business
- Any other duties as assigned to ensure an efficient and effective legal and compliance team
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style.
- Ability to make persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients and/or public groups.
- Ability to liaise effectively with key employees, management and clients.
- Ability to preparing and review legal documents.
- Understanding of commercial legal principles and operations.
- Experience of the Middle East regulatory and business environment.
- Knowledge of real estate and financial terms / principles.
- Ability to conduct legal and strategic presentations and prepare reports.
Critical Thinking Skills
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with ability to develop legal and strategic solutions.
- Sound judgement as to when a matter should be brought to the attention of the line manager.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and set priorities with excellent follow-up skills and self-organization.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and adaptivity.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office.
- Highly collaborative within a team environment
- Demonstrates a positive, solution-oriented attitude
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
Commitment to Values
Ability to adhere to CBRE’s core RISE values and act in line with those values:
- RESPECT – Treat everyone with dignity, value their contributions, and help one another succeed.
- INTEGRITY – Uphold the highest ethical standards in our business practices.
- SERVICE – Dedicate ourselves to making a meaningful impact with our clients and in our communities.
- EXCELLENCE – Aspire to be the best in everything we do and drive for continuous improvement.
Scope of Responsibility
- Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
- Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.