Legal Councel – Middle East & North Africa – CORP / LAW – Dubai@Honeywell posted 3 weeks ago
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our distributed team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us build the future?
Where Do You Fit In?
We are currently seeking a motivated and hardworking individual to join our team as Senior Attorney – Middle East & North Africa to be based in Dubai, UAE. Reporting directly to the Honeywell Assistant General Counsel, Middle East & North Africa, this position is responsible for providing operational and strategic legal support for all of Honeywell's activities in the Middle East and North Africa. The Snr Attorney is resident in Dubai and provides general commercial, corporate governance and compliance advice to the regional businesses and manages outside counsel. The position will also work in collaboration with the wider Honeywell legal and functional team members.
What Will You Be Doing Every Single Day?
- Advise on critical strategic matters, such as the risks and opportunities posed by potential transactions
- Effectively negotiate, review and draft a broad range of commercial agreements, including supply and sales agreements and joint ventures
- Successfully drive a culture of compliance, including leadership in training and investigations
- Effectively coordinate dispute resolution in the region
- Lead key initiatives to make the Law & Contracts function more efficient and cost effective
- Ensure proper corporate governance and licensing of Honeywell's entities in the region
- Identify and manage outside counsel for specific matters as appropriate
- Actively support businesses in region and act as a true business partner
What Skills and Experience Will You Have?
- Law degree and appropriate certifications and admissions
- At least five years of experience with a major law firm and/or corporation with significant responsibilities in the Middle East
- Strong intellectual capacity, good judgment and instincts and ability to lead different projects simultaneously
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, able to develop, motivate and influence others
- A credible and customer focused business partner
- A passion to succeed in a fast paced, global, sophisticated transactional practice
- Unquestioned integrity and high personal standards of excellence
- A proactive and continuous improvement mindset
- Candidate should have a professional command of Arabic
- Annual salary and consolidated allowance
- Group medical insurance plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid annual leave and time off work
- Business travel insurance
- End of service benefits
- Airfare allowance
- Education allowance
- 4.5 day working week from Monday to Friday in line with the public sector.
If you believe this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you, and apply.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce culture.
- JOB ID: HRD167780
- Category: Legal
- Location: Emaar Buss.Park; Bld.2,Sheikh Zayed Road,Dubai,DUBAI,United Arab Emirates