Legal Counsel@Paymate posted 2 weeks ago
We are looking for a qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our
business in Middle East Asia markets. You will safeguard our reputation by
guaranteeing that the company strictly follows legal guidelines and give legal advice
to management about all relevant issues in these markets. This position will support
and will report to the Legal Counsel based in India and shall have the responsibility
for all legal matters in Middle East
- Independently handle incorporation, setting up, obtaining relevant authorization in MEA markets
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives on a variety of legal topics (privacy, regulatory matters, labor law, IP, contracts, etc.) for these regions
- Draft and negotiate agreements, contracts, and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Deal with international complex matters with multiple stakeholders, prepare notes and opinions, and advise the legal team accordingly
- Collaborate with the legal team in head office in Mumbai to ensure that internal legal policies of the organization are implemented and adhered to in these MEA markets.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal stakeholders, and regulators to build a legal brand in MEA.
- Handling company law related compliances
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues and manage risk associated with external legal representation.
- Staying up to date with legal and industry developments.
- Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in a business/Fintech environment in the Middle East is preferred
- Strong in-house commercial experience within the payment/ fintech industry/privacy etc
- Strong written and oral skills in English.
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting complex regional and global contracts.
- Ability to produce consistently high-quality work with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and administration skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong PC skills, including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at various levels,
- Capable of working efficiently under pressure.
- Commercial, solution-oriented, enthusiastic, and driven.
- J.D. qualified in Law from India or UAE
- 5+ years' legal work experience
- Finance/ Fintech Background is a must
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: AED12,000.00 – AED20,000.00 per month
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dubai: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Application Deadline: 09/05/2022