Job ID 190688
Informa PLC is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
Our purpose is to champion the specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions. Informa is listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
The role advertised sits within our new digital events and content business, based in Dubai and is part of the Informa Connect Division. This new digital events platform is uniquely fast paced and engaging, with highly curated virtual events that offer deep insights delivered brilliantly by industry experts, shaping conversations on critical industry topics and issues.
Informa Connect is a live events, digital content specialist connecting professionals with knowledge, idea and opportunities.
In a world where the number of information sources and digital channels is proliferating, businesses and professionals come to Informa Connect for relevant, high-quality knowledge and connections that help them learn more and do more.
Through specialist content and connections, delivered via in-person events, virtual events and digital platforms, Informa Connect’s brands provide the latest thinking and ways to meet experts, peers and stay connected within a community.
We invest in creating exciting experiences based on high-quality speakers, stimulating content and platforms that enable discussion and networking. Our digital services provide year-round community content and connections and give sponsors and marketers effective ways to reach the right customers. Our brands are continuously developed to ensure they deliver a quantifiable return to audiences, sponsors and speakers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Executive to join the Informa Connect division.
This is a hands-on position where you will be responsible for marketing trainings by using the promotional mix across different marketing channels. You will work closely with the team to ensure all business objectives are achieved and campaign tactics are executed on time.
If you have a passion for marketing with experience in executing targeted campaigns, developing creative and forward-thinking marketing plans, and working in a fast-paced environment, this job is for you.
- Effective pre-event analysis
- On-time implementation of over 200 campaigns
- To manage all marketing channels effectively, within a budget and under time constraints
- Include content and social media in your campaign planning
- Building relevant and appropriate creativity into campaign wherever possible
- Timely completion of final event analysis
- Planning, budgeting, and implementing effective training marketing campaigns
- Drive delegate revenue through all online and offline channels, with a key focus on digital channels
- Analyse selections from previous marketing plans and create effective selections based on this analysis in conjunction with the creative brief supplied
- Ensure content and campaign plans and activities are fully integrated
- Work on content such as blog posts, whitepapers, interviews, and reports for trainings
- Social media management – managing social platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube and Google+
- Ensuring related websites are fully up to date with the latest content and key messaging is displayed throughout
- Identify data acquisition strategy to grow the existing databases
- Set up and management of media deals with external organisations to ensure maximum exposure at lowest cost to trainings
- Work closely with the telesales function within the business to drive delegate revenue
- Manage budgets
- Coordination of design and production of all marketing collateral, including event brochures, advertisements, banners/emails etc.
- Providing KPI reports for update meetings with Senior Marketing Managers
Knowledge and Experience Required for the Role
- Desirable – formal marketing qualification or certificate, and/or degree level education or equivalent
- Motivated to perform
- Adaptable to change and a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys a challenge and finding solutions for problems
- Positive in outlook and approach
- A drive to improve and do things better
- A willingness to do a variety of related job duties
- Understanding of direct and digital marketing
- Exposure to design and print suppliers
- High level of copywriting skill
- Deadline and target driven
- Arabic – nice to have
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t fit all the requirements. If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.