Marketing Lead, Middle East North Africa & PakistanFull time @Uber posted 11 months ago
Uber’s regional marketing teams play a meaningful role in establishing deep connections with the markets and communities we operate in today. Representing the frontline of our business, regional marketers work closely to partner with cross-functional regional partners (Comms, Policy, Ops, etc.) to bring our products and brand strategy to life. They work closely with regional program management teams and global team members to define regional priorities, managing activations of global toolkits, and owning region-specific marketing efforts.
Come help us build a brand that is redefining multiple industries on a global scale. We are looking for a leader with a deep consumer passion, strategic and creative with a proven record of delivering exceptional results. You will report to the Middle East & Africa Head of Marketing and focus on our Mobility business in the Middle East, North Africa, and Pakistan (MENAP).
What You’ll Do
- Develop a deep and strategic understanding of MENAP regional priorities (business targets, P&L priorities, and segmentation), and generate strategies and action plans that align to both the market priorities and the global brand strategy.
- Be an inspiring leader and a business partner with the sub-regional General Managers and functional partners (Ops, Policy & Comms, CommOps, etc).
- Drive the learning agenda with the regional research and analytics teams to uncover needed insights and measurement plans.
- Analyze the state of the market and brand in the region, and develop deep quantitative and qualitative user insights and understanding.
- Based on Uber’s global marketing strategy, adapt, localize, and/or ‘pulse up’ initiatives to align with market and regional strategies, taking into account the local specifics and culture.
- Identify and prioritize local marketing needs and opportunities aligned with business priorities, and lead the development and execution of local campaigns or activations against them (when needed/ relevant).
- Help lead partnerships with external partners, determining ways in which we can develop joint marketing activities and co-marketing plans.
- As a senior member of the team, help to set the culture and vision, and provide mentor and support to the team.
- At least 8+ years in consumer marketing or related experience with a successful record of delivering outstanding business results in a fast-paced data-driven environment
- Strong eye for business and ability to think strategically and analytically
- Experience crafting regional marketing strategies and plans based on a defined global strategy
- A strong customer-centric attitude – you are always thinking about how our customers get along with the brand
- Experience leading creative and media agencies
- Having a constructive mindset and an initiator who takes initiative in a constantly evolving work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or similar
- A solid understanding of marketing in the MENAP region
- Exceptional relationship management as you will engage with partners across several different functions as well as global and regional marketing teams
- Experience working for a global brand
- Experience managing partnerships and co-marketing activities
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.