We are seeking a highly-skilled Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon to diagnose patients and treat various conditions affecting the oral and maxillofacial regions. Responsibilities include performing emergency and scheduled treatments, maintaining patient records, as well as providing suitable after-care instructions and recommendations.
To be successful as an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, you should be compassionate towards patients and able to handle stressful situations. Ultimately, an outstanding Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon should have excellent hand-eye coordination as well as demonstrate exceptional communication and problem-solving skills.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Responsibilities:
- Administering local, regional, or general anesthetics to patients before surgeries.
- Surgically removing tumors and abnormal growths of the oral and maxillofacial areas.
- Adjusting patients’ jaws to provide increased functionality, comfort, and symmetry.
- Removing impacted wisdom teeth and buried dental roots.
- Performing reconstructive surgery to treat congenital defects, structural abnormalities, and injuries.
- Preparing patients’ mouths for dental implants.
- Collaborating with various healthcare specialists to create suitable treatment plans for patients.
- Informing patients of their diagnoses and discussing appropriate treatment options with them.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Requirements:
- Specialization Degree in the same filed
- Appropriate state licensure.
- Proven experience working as an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon.
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Patient and empathetic.