People Experience (HR) Manager, Gulf@Pfizer posted 3 weeks ago
The People Experience (HR) Manager, Gulf position will support designated key stakeholders within the business and across relevant Regional HR Community under the Biopharma organization to optimize people, team and organizational performance and capability via the implementation of HR initiatives.
The selected candidate will provide People Experience (HR) Business partner support to dedicated client groups within the Gulf States: UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait and will have a work week spanning Monday to Friday under the Gulf/Arabian GMT zone.
This position will provide coaching & support to leaders on People Experience (HR) management matters in order to advance People Experience priorities for the Gulf Cluster.
S/He will drive the mission of re-imagining Pfizer Global People Experience (HR) work: by enabling greatness and removing barriers for Pfizer colleagues within the Gulf countries via the implementation and monitoring of HR programs, systems and processes in alignment with business priorities, HR strategies and HR service delivery model.
S/He will ensure HR processes and programs are delivered by managers, in a consistent and effective manner and will collaborate across the HR Function, working closely with the local and Regional HR team, HR Operations, CoE and Division HR Leads as needed.
- Ensure FTE positions are filled by diverse, high caliber people, in line with the organizations recruitment policy and tools as well as adhere to the Diversity and Inclusion metrics for the Gulf Cluster
- Collaborate with the procurement team to facilitate the RFP exercise to support enlisting of recruitment agencies in line with HR hiring and business prerogatives
- Manage contractor hiring for stakeholders via the outsourcing vendor for the UAE office
- Provide coaching to managers to ensure good talent selection decisions are made
- Provide advice to hiring managers on compensation packages in line with approved pay ranges and compensation framework.
- Ensure managers have a solid understanding of the different levels of support available to them through HROD/Workday online platform, call centers, or local HR Client Facing face-to-face counseling
- Ensure the implementation of all HR processes, Performance management, Talent Management using prescribed selection and assessment processes
- Successful execution of orientation, as well as on-boarding and off-boarding of site colleagues.
- Oversee efforts in support of building management capability to facilitate an effective employee relations environment by providing advice and counsel, and, if necessary, conducting or overseeing employee relations investigations and providing analytics.
- Coach managers to effectively drive execution of core HR processes: (i.e., Performance management, Grievance handling, Development planning, Talent Planning, Annual Compensation processes in alignment with country practices (i.e., calibration, reporting, and performance/pay differentiation), including Rewards & Recognition policy.
- Employee Live Cycle management (i.e., transfers, promotions, international moves).
- Change management and culture management
Implement people strategy and HR aspects for business priorities that are efficient, consistent and legally sound
- Ensures HR processes and programs are delivered in a consistent and effective manner, in line with Business priorities, HR Strategy and HR Service delivery Model
- Employee Relations: Implement the Employee Relations strategy, in line with policy, at the country level.
- Keep updated on labor law changes, provide advice to line managers on personnel issues as well as assist legal cases related to disputes to ensure compliance with employment laws
- Support Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures, restructuring, and corporate wide initiatives as needed.
Drive global standardization, alignment and operational efficiency
- Create understanding of the Global HR Operating Model where appropriate.
- Role model One Pfizer, One HR Mindset
- Review, challenge current HR processes and make recommendations for process efficiencies/improvements in partnership with the HR team
- Ensure implementation and adherence to all HR policies and procedures in country.
- Generate periodical reports to support manager decisions as required by the cluster and or region.
Job Specific technical/Functional/Professional Competencies and Key relationships:
- Motivates people to deliver results through others.
- Demonstrates a high level of impact and influence on others.
- Works effectively in a matrix team environment in a collaborative manner.
- Exercises excellent skills in the following areas: leadership, integration, facilitation, complex problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Prioritizes goals.
- Has experience in coaching, employee development and driving process improvements; able to explain HR policies, processes and practices in a clear and concise manner.
- Exercises strong interpersonal-influencing skills, including effectively negotiating with local, regional and national Works Councils/Trade Unions (where applicable) /Stakeholders.
- Pursues knowledge of new developments in HR systems and processes improvement methods.
- Drives HR processes and delivers top quality HR services in a fast-paced and high-change environment.
- Exercises excellent project & process management skills.
- Demonstrates Business Acumen.
- Has strong business acumen and functional knowledge.
- Business Unit Stakeholders: Category Leads/Platform and Functional Leads.
- People Experience (HR): Operations, CoE and Leads.
- Enabling Function/Platform Function Stakeholders.
- Third party vendors.
Experience and Knowledge & Functional skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Human Resources, Social Sciences or related field.
- Strong HR Generalist experience of at least 5-8 years in a multinational environment.
- HR Managerial Experience of at least 3+ years is preferred.
- Candidate based within the UAE is preferred, however role is open to virtual or remote – AfME Pfizer location-site, working status.
- Sound and broad knowledge of all aspects of HR function and strong understanding of local labor laws and regulations within the Gulf markets.
- Fluency in English Language is required with good Presentation Skills and demonstrable Communication Skills – both Verbal and Written.
- Demonstrable capability in building effective relationships and working effectively in a complex matrix environment.
- Proven experience in Business Partnering, Recruitment & Selection, Change Management, Employee relations, Conflict resolution management, Compensation & Benefits management.
- Excellent Project Management, Organization and Planning skills to proactively meet and manage deadlines within set milestones.
- Self-starter, Proactive and Innovative approach to developing best practice HR solutions.
- Change agile, Flexible, Self-aware and Resilient.
- Good Analytical and Problem-Solving skills.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Strong knowledge of Outlook and SharePoint.
Work Location Assignment: Flexible
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.