Overall purpose of role
We are looking for an Executive assistant to be responsible for delivering day to day support and assistance to the Private Bank CEO and a portfolio of senior leaders across our Dubai platform. Additionally, the opportunity to become involved in various site-wide activities, such as People, Culture and Communications programmes.
To be successful in this role, you will be well-organised, have great People and time management skills, and able to act with initiative. You will contribute to the efficiency of the organisation by providing personalised and timely support to executive members.
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage executives’ calendars, setting up meetings across global time zones
- Ownership of travel arrangements (including flights, hotels, visas, transport etc)
- Act as office managers, greeting a wide range of visitors, conveying a professional image at all times.
- Formatting information for internal communication.
- Supporting ad hoc initiatives and projects as required
- Supporting and coordinating business management requests
- Maintaining departmental records, e.g. email distribution lists & organisation charts
- Processing expenses and arranging payment for invoices.
- Supporting the on boarding of new joiners and ensuring up to date seating arrangements
Organising Team events
- Proven experience in a EA support role desired but not essential
- Confidence to work with senior leaders and stakeholders to build good working relationship and work collaboratively.
Proven ability to be self-motivated, manage time effectively and deliver work to a consistently high quality.
- High degree of organisational awareness with an ability to solve problems and make decisions independently.
- Can do’ attitude with the confidence, composure and common sense to interact on a national level with a wide range of senior stakeholders across teams
- Knowledge of group procedures and policies in relation to Coupa, Travel, Expenses, HR tools
- Extensive experience in Outlook/e-mail systems
- Ability to drive a collaborative culture across the team is critical as well as ability to challebnge requests and drive efficient ways of working and perofrm effectively in a fast paced environment with multi staeholders.
Extensive experience as a Personal Assistant in a multicultural environment
Excellent PC skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
Experience in organising events
Academic and professional qualifications
Standard for this type of position
Excellent interpersonal skills,
Able to work independently, yet a successful team-player,
Flexible and enthusiastic,
Excellent organisation skills,
Courteous but firm character,
Able to handle problems and conflicts effectively and diplomatically,
Excellent listening and communicating skills,
Able to anticipate needs,
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.