Job ID 191065
An opportunity has arisen for a PR & Communication Manager to join one of our Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Responsible for managing day-to-day external communications & partnership / sponsorship plans for the hotel(s), working in partnership with internal stakeholders, agencies and the media. Feeding into the internal communications plans for the company as a whole to ensure the hotel is well represented across the business.
- Managing the day-to-day external communications at a hotel level reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing
- Supporting Associate Director of Marketing with the development of the annual external communications plans to promote the hotel – focused around the three brand pillars – service, dining, design – and ensuring quality rollout of the plan
- Building relationships with key media in the UAE and ensuring their attendance at relevant hotel events
- Supporting the dissemination of all communications materials to media including press releases, picture stories, listings etc.
- Identifying and creating stories for internal communications to be shared via the corporate office
- Managing the media and influencer experience programme at the hotels – ensuring the highest quality of experience is delivered
- Supporting Associate Director of Marketing to develop key partnerships / sponsorships for the hotel with amplification through external comms to drive awareness / footfall / room nights etc.
- Suggesting creative ideas and ways to differentiate the hotel through impactful media relations programmes
- Working closely with the marketing, sales and e-commerce functions to ensure integration of activity across the relevant channels
- Ensuring the highest standard of delivery of any media events at the hotel – attendance required
- Day-to-day liaison with external PR and social media agencies, ensuring the quality of delivery
- Supporting Associate Director of Marketing to measure the impact (including ROI) of external communications with reporting at a hotel and corporate office level
- Support the corporate office to handle any issues that occur in the hotel with the aim of protecting the reputation of the hotel /brand in the media and on social channels
- Responsible for increasing brand awareness through the effective use of social media
- Implementing content strategies on social media platforms
- Supporting agencies to produce on brand content to use across platforms
- Analyse engagement data, identifying trends in customer interactions
- planning digital campaigns to build community online.
- Coach, mentor and develop Social Media Assistant Manager
- Manage social media calendars ensuring content is on brand and approved
- Setting key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns
- Budget management and ROI analysis for all campaigns
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent from an accredited and renowned University.
- 4 to 5 years of public relations experience preferably with an international hospitality company, PR Agency, or a recognized blue-chip organization.
- Strong media contacts within top tier luxury, lifestyle, fashion, and business press.
- Excellent knowledge of public relations practices within the luxury hospitality industry.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms.
- Good communication and public relations skills.
- Good understanding of core hotel operations.
- Strong innovation and creativity skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills.