Procurement Category Lead Food & Beverage@Jumeirah posted 1 week ago
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Category Lead Food & Beverage to join Procurement in Group & Corporate. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Understanding business requirements and challenges, including priorities, understanding business must win battles and key value drivers
- Create the 1-3 year Category Group Plan and prioritize the development of L2 Category Strategies for the purpose of supplier and cost optimisation.
- Develop and execute a pipeline of category projects to drive continuous improvement, value, innovation and cost benefits to Jumeirah; including personal leadership of projects.
- Maintain a deep understanding of key supply markets and provide meaningful insights to stakeholders, such a price movements and price forecasts.
- Build sustainable competitive advantage for Jumeirah through suppliers and supply chains.
- Accountability for supplier relationship management strategy and outcomes
- Partner with business stakeholders to drive cost-consciousness to reduce the total cost of ownership
- Manage contracts teams to optimum performance levels
- Support and challenge the Director of Category and Contracts in developing team strategy and vision Continuously improving the service delivered by Procurement to the business.
- Lead and motivate a locally based team; coach and mentor the team and any virtual team members.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years in Procurement Function
- Excellent communication skills to convince others and obtain their buy-in.
- Advanced ability to use networks to influence business activity.
- Ability to convey value and build consensus.
- Able to spot and deconstruct entrenched thinking to create space for new ideas.
- Category management experience.
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package including dental coverage, flights home, life insurance, incentive programs, children’s education assistance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.